Harriet Lake Bank Fishing

M
mad_max
Hey all i'm new to the forum and finally getting back into fishing after not going for about 6 years. I have never been to Harriet lake but have heard they plant large trout in there and also have native large browns. My question is their good bank access and if so is their a location I should shoot for (will be leaving Beaverton at 4am tomorrow) and can I use powerbait their? Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you and God bless.

N
Noahk
Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if motorized boats are allowed but there is great bank access. I marked two spots that you should have good luck at. Float a night crawler or use meal worms for the browns. For stockers powerbait is always good. Just stop at the little store in Estacada for the full run down of the area. Good luck!

Lake Harriet - Google Maps

M
mad_max
Thanks a lot Noahk.

N
Noahk
No worries. Let us know how you do.

M
mad_max
Well just got home from my fishing day. My wife and I got to lake Harriet at 5:30am and fished till about 11:30am with out a single bite. So we left and went to try Faraday which was more of the same :( maybe next time.

N
Noahk
Sorry to hear. How was the snow up there?

M
mad_max
Noahk said:
Sorry to hear. How was the snow up there?

It was all clear did not see any snow at all.

M
minnowmagnet
don't feel bad

don't feel bad

My girlfriend and I got skunked up there too last Friday.
Powereggs, salmon eggs, worms and spinners all work at Harriet for the stockers.
They are going to stock the lake again in a week or two. North Fork Res. opens up this weekend, so try that lake for a shorter drive with lots of bank fishing opps.
If it makes you feel any better, we drove all the way up from Portland, pumped our raft up by hand nice and tight, and then I realized I forgot the oars. Typical minnowmagnet move.
Good luck and welcome back to fishing

T
TheFishingHex
i went up there last year about this time and no one was catching anything and i floated those balls of fire egg things in the little jar on just a little J hook and started slaying them. maybe try that next time if u didn't already. and those spots he had marked are the spots i like best too.

W
wozniasm
Is there a boat ramp to launch my toon from? If so, how far from the dam and how far from the camping spots?

N
Noahk
There sure is. VERY close to the camping spots and not far from the dam. It's not a very big lake. Get up there! There are also a couple of other lakes in the area too. I haven't fished them but if you swing by the bait shop in Estacada you can get all the intel you need.

T
TheFishingHex
wozniasm said:
Is there a boat ramp to launch my toon from? If so, how far from the dam and how far from the camping spots?

i can't remeber if there is a boat ramp but the water gets right next to the road so if its light u can carry it 15' to the water. i do remember a couple boats that would have been trailered on the water tho. i just dont remeber and if there is it would be within 100' of the camp. and its a perdy small lake. so u can see the dam. and there are a bunch of camping spots right on the water u have to pay for and a bunch of spots like 1/4 mile up the road thats free camping.

G
Growbug
2 'ramps'
1 is just by the campsite and next to the fishing docks. The other is about 100 yards up the trail towards the dam.

T
troutmaster101
It is like that at faraday. The locals hammer it! so it is out of stock a week or less after they dump! They need to double the loads they drop there. i took my 10yr. step-son out for some fishing and caught nothing not even a bit , after 6 hours of that we went home empty-hended and disappointed! its okay. im keeping up on stk. schds. we will do like the locals and hammer it too, limit only of course just more days spent camping!:) got to love summer!