bank fishing the willamete

B
bass_junkie
does anyone know of any good spots to bank fish for some spring chinook on the willamete I live in yamhill county but would be willing to drive a decent distance to get to a good spot to fish.

B
Bullitt
Mission Park or the greenway across from the Mennonite School would be the nearest place. Social Security Beach in Independence.

B
bass_junkie
have u been there or heard of people catchin fish over there?

B
Bullitt
Yes, locals have been catching fish for weeks. Nooks and steelhead. It's tight lipped so don't expect to find a bunch of info about it. Best thing to do is go check it out and start learning it.

B
bass_junkie
alright thanks for the input guys think i'll try that greenway park it would just be a little after the mennonite school coming from mcminnville wouldn't it?

B
Bullitt
Yes - Do note that I believe the gate is closed and you have to walk in. I don't know the story as to why it's that way but from what I heard, it's not going open anytime soon. Thursday would be a good day to start fishing and remember to fish close to the bank. Good luck.

Beaverfan - Nice link....lots of good info in that thread. :)

B
bass_junkie
alight thats ok with me I am gonna try it out early saturday morning and see what I can come up with