Bank Fishing Help

F
FullMTLjacket
Hi,
I am new to portland and love fishing. I plan on going to Hagg lake tomorrow morning to do a little bank fishing (I dont have a boat) Can anyone help me with any good locations to bank fish on the lake? or any other tips? Thank you I would appreciate any advice!

L
Left Bank
Howdy and welcome to the forum!!! People tend to do better than most from a few areas but I would encourage you, as I do, to explore other spots. The heavier concentration of people on the bank just past the end of the south side (to the left as you come up from the entrance) of the dam. The others are the park by boat ramp C and around boat ramp A.
When I fish the bank I also try the Sain Creek arm, Scoggins creek arm or just about anywhere that I can find access.

F
FullMTLjacket
Thanks for your advice! I look forward to spending some time out on the lake. I hear great things about it...... and this forum site rocks!

troutdude
troutdude
FMJ,

Welcome to OFF!

My suggestions are (from whatever spot you choose):

Green, Orange, Pink, or Chartruese Berkley Power Eggs (two eggs on a size 6 egg hook)

A large barrel - shaped slip sinker (may need to cast out as far as possible, which was the case during the opener on May 6th)

And, I second all of the bank access spots suggested by LB.

Good luck.

P.S. You may also do well casting and retrieving a brass Kastmaster or Little Cleo spoon / wobbler.

B
bernduffy
I had good luck last weekend between 50 - 200 yards to the right of Ramp A about 20-30 yards out in 10-20 feet depth before 10 am....on a Blue Fox Vibram spinner. I was slowly zig zig trolling in my pontoon, but you could replicate that with some skillfull casting and retreiving from the bank. Depending on your rod you might need to add a little weight to get the distance. Remember to vary the retreive speed and direction...with a few pauses. Good luck!

D
dinghy
ramp c has more auto parking areas. ramp a has limited auto spots. you have to park higher up in the picnic area when it fills up. if its windy fish the banks with it to your back. anything green works to start with- eggs or paste. garlic scent works-mikes or berkley. castmaster been hot for me lately.super duper, lil cleo, also work.