Bank fisherman's lunch

F
FishAssassin
I was wondering what kind of lunches make a bank fishermans day even more enjoyable whether he is catching fish or not? I am looking for some new ideas on lunches to bring with me to the rivers.

Favorite sandwich? Toppings?
Beverage?
Snack?

A
autofisher
Depends on what I'm fishing for, but if I'm just sitting there bobber fishing on a lake, no question about it, beef jerky.
If I'm out stalking salmon, usually something light, like a candy bar or somethin.

P
panderson01
Tuna is always good! Make sure it has plenty of mayo and pickles in it.

It is eaten cold, tastes and smells like fish, so if you have fish smell on your hands, it blends right in.

K
Kodiak
I pack balagona sandwiches, chips a couple of mountain dews, two packs of smokes....I wait for the fish to move in, hand autofisher a sandwich, while hes eating I get to hook up.:dance:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Small is the key for me

Small is the key for me

Hickory Farms sausage roll (sliced),cheese in a can & crackers,chocolate covered mini doughnuts,deli turkey slices & cheese w/crackers,water and don't forget the lil squeeze bottle of Lemon Joy w/water and a dry towel. Oh,and don't forget your favorite candy bar like autofisher mentioned. :D

A
autofisher
Kodiak said:
I pack balagona sandwiches, chips a couple of mountain dews, two packs of smokes....I wait for the fish to move in, hand autofisher a sandwich, while hes eating I get to hook up.:dance:

He's not lying either. Every time. Unless we're driving somewhere. BANG! FISH ON! Some day will be my day..... Oh yes sir, some day will be my day. Or I just gotta stop eating. :lol:

T
Throbbit _Shane
peanut butter and jelly sandwich. pretzles. snickers bar. and either water or tea. tomorrow ill bring some pineapple.

F
FishAssassin
Great ideas so far keep them coming! Everything sounds so good! I can already see my grocery bill going up.

A
autofisher
And if you're talkin breakfast munchies...... yer lookin at those little chocolate donuts by hostess, or poptarts......those rule

T
todd_brooks
Can you say five dollar foot long.... And a great cigar;)

F
fishin_fool
now were talking breakfast or when ever but Breakfast burritos stuffed with scrambled eggs, fried potatoes cooked in chorizo and some sharp cheddar cheese... mmmm thats to die for

A
alm21
I'm pretty health conscientious and like to have something that will fill me up and give me the energy I need. I will make two sandwiches with a lot of meat. I like to take a boneless skinless chicken breast that I have grilled (or steak, or good deli meat), slice it up and put it with some whole grain bread, dijon, low fat swiss (costco), sliced onion, lettuce or fresh spinach and avocado if I have it on hand. I stay away from tomatoes since they make the bread soggy.

For the sugar and salt craving, I will throw a small bag together with cashews, mini pretzels, chocolate chips or m&m's if handy.

For my drink, I mix up a half gallon of my sports recovery drink which is essentially water and flavored amino acids. There's no sugar in it.

All of the combined gives me all the good stuff for the energy I need for the day and does a body good. And I hope to have some smoked salmon in my bag soon too. :D

J
jeffcycles
Trail Mix, PBJ, Tuna Sammiches...

J
JeeperGal
summer sausage, apples, cheddar slices, mixed nuts, and some crackers

F
FishSchooler
I dont eat lunch... my fishing trips normally end before 10:00 . :rolleyes:

T
Troutier Bassier
Pretty much what Kodiak brings.
Bolgna Samichs, Chips, and not mountain dew. :shock: Coke!

T
tnffishman
Hands down my favorite fishing food is cold pizza, but I rarely have it. Usually just a sandwich

T
The Tightest Line
BEER:clap:

I
INSAYN
Clean and dry out a small Gatorade or Juice bottle with the wide lid, and pour in your favorite sunflower seeds to snack on. With the lid screwed on, it's water tight for rainy days, and keeps the unused portion from going stale between trips.

Otherwise it's sammich, jerky, a few candy bars, water and/or Gatorade. :dance:

Cold pizza is a definite winner if I have any on tap.

A
autofisher
JeeperGal said:
summer sausage, apples, cheddar slices, mixed nuts, and some crackers

OK you can go fishin with me.... I like the way you think:lol: