Marine Bandon Fishing Reports

G
Gulfstream
Headed out of Bandon today and was greeted to a flat calm ocean and light breeze. The Lingcod fishing was OFF the charts! We could not keep the damn things off the hook. We had limits for 3 in half an hour and probably released at least 15 more legal fish. The school fish bite was nonexistent, I figure the full moon and the super clear water was the problem. We had at least 25 foot visibility. All fish caught on C J tackle swimbaits. HAVE FUN!

ling.jpg

C_Run
C_Run
Very nice, Gulfstream. I'd very much like to catch some ling cod. I think I fished salt water four times last year and only got rockfish and greenling. I have some swimbaits like those. I guess that's what I'll try next . Congratulations!

4labs
4labs
Way to go Whip, congrat to you and your crew. Glad to see someone ran out today. Always wanted to try Bandon will have to give it a try this year. Were there any other boats out ?
Did you give crabbing a shot ?
Great pic also.

hobster
hobster
Most excellent, what a great day! Looks like a beautiful day to be on the water. Roger had an awesome day also, i'm sure he'll chime in

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Nice, you are the ling king! Happy New Year everyone!

I was fortunate to take home a 24" ling and a limit of big crab...plus a couple of rockfish.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/uxfOR05.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
G
Gulfstream
there were 3 other boats that we saw. We did not bring crab gear.I guess my buddy didn't want to mess with it

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
That's Great congrats. I will be heading that way soon never been across the bar at Bandon fished the river a lot. I will be going out of Charleston here real soon I hope time to get the boat out. Looking forward to some fresh rock fish.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Looks like that ling decided to take a bite out of your finger! They sure have some sharp teeth. You and Roger are going to be eating some good fish.

4labs
4labs
Went by Brookings today saw about 4 rigs in the parking lot and went into the cleaning station
4 30gallon drums were all 1/2 full of lings and blacks with a few colors mixed in but didn't see any lings as large as yours so
you guys did really good plus big seas are headed our way this week.

G
Gulfstream
took advantage of the short weather window and headed out of Bandon for the opener. About 3 miles out and a little south I got lucky. Didn't see any other fish caught and got blown OFF the water by 10:30.Have Fun!

halibut 5-18.JPG

Reactions: Admin and Slo
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
right on, excellent flatty.

C_Run
C_Run
Nice one! Were there a lot of boats?

hobster
hobster
Yummy!!

G
Gulfstream
about a dozen

G
Gulfstream
Launched at 6am at the very busy Bandon ramp. Looked for some bottom fish that were not home. Headed to facerock area to try for some butt with no luck. We noticed some surface action that we thought were blacks...WRONG! The first cast with my pearl gitzit,,WHAMO.as hatchery coho I guess the coho are here. We moved a bit north and noticed some more surface action and hooked up with some large blacks that were on the surface A few more casts and WHAMO, my second Coho.I think the Coho were swimming with the blacks. We ended up with 12 large blacks and 2 coho. Fish checker said they were 5lbs gutted on her scale. Wind started blowing and we came in. HAVE FUN!

IMG_5738.JPG

Reactions: Aervax and Admin
4labs
4labs
Good for you Whip, looks like a good yr for coho

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Excellent.

Aervax
Aervax
I love the surprise catch there. Awesome report.

G
Gulfstream
long boat ride and quick limits for 3 today. Lost 2 big ones. Big fish was appx 55 lbs going by the chart! Stay safe and have fun!

IMG_6307.JPG

Reactions: JasonInBend, Markk, PhoFish and 2 others
C_Run
C_Run
That's great! I've been out there twice with Prowler Charters in Bandon. The last time was like that movie Perfect Storm if you ever saw that. I said, " Never again!" But, congratulations! There are halibut at the high spot.

Top Bottom