Balrely legal lings

D
daehleets
Not no monsters but just the size i like for the fryin pan! Seems the lings inhale the the Stickleback bait "River wigglers" just as the steelies do. Thinking bout making up some Blue and brown baits for next trip out for the lings. Found using stretchy thread to hold the bait up next to the jig head works like a champ.Now to get some fish a fryin:D

Reactions: n8r1
D
daehleets
PICT0517.jpgPICT0510.jpgPICT0519.jpgPICT0512.jpg Thats better

D
Drew9870
Your tentacle is nothing magic for Lings, they will hit a curly tailed turd if you get it in front of them (I know, I talk about turds a lot on the subject of fishing :lol:).

I have caught Lings on strips of Squawfish, if something will eat Squawfish, it becomes apparent that it will eat anything with meat, and Squawfish meat with the skin left on will take pliers to get it off the hook. If they see it they will eat it, if it has protein/taste they will swallow it.

I'm gonna start pickling Squawfish strips, getting my own label, and snapping pics of the meat in other fishes mouths so I can sell it!!! I'll get my own bounty for the Squaws lol. Sorry, it just seems like an infomercial seeing a product that is meant to be sold hanging out of a fishes mouth everytime one posts a report, but once someone gets confronted, the excuse would probably be 'I'm just posting another fishing report like everyone else does', but hey, you gotta make a livin some how.

Now we're gonna run into pics of Seabass, Bluegill, Largemouth, Smallmouth, and stockers with a pink tentacle hanging outta their mouths.

T
TTFishon
Nothing wrong with free advertisement. Can't blame a guy for trying to make an honest living. Nice fish dude!

D
daehleets
Thanks ttfishon, not gunna get into hiding behind the computer and talking smack. Just a dude that likes to fish likes crazy and snap pics of my bait consumers. Hope weather holds out for the mornin, gunna try to haul in a couple more for the fryin pan before the weather turns.

S
steelhead1
Sweet dude,looks like you have found a very versitile type of bait! I dont know of another bait (that I have used,anyway) That works well for lings AND steelhead.Probably get some bass and salmon on 'em as well.Good luck with your venture!:D

D
daehleets
steelhead1 said:
Sweet dude,looks like you have found a very versitile type of bait! I dont know of another bait (that I have used,anyway) That works well for lings AND steelhead.Probably get some bass and salmon on 'em as well.Good luck with your venture!:D
Thankz. Not much rain this mornin but to much surf to get to the spots i like to ling fish. now the waiting game for a calm day. hope the weather hurrys up cause it will be time to get to chasin the summer steelies here soon!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Drew9870 said:
Your tentacle is nothing magic for Lings, they will hit a curly tailed turd if you get it in front of them (I know, I talk about turds a lot on the subject of fishing :lol:).

I have caught Lings on strips of Squawfish, if something will eat Squawfish, it becomes apparent that it will eat anything with meat, and Squawfish meat with the skin left on will take pliers to get it off the hook. If they see it they will eat it, if it has protein/taste they will swallow it.

I'm gonna start pickling Squawfish strips, getting my own label, and snapping pics of the meat in other fishes mouths so I can sell it!!! I'll get my own bounty for the Squaws lol. Sorry, it just seems like an infomercial seeing a product that is meant to be sold hanging out of a fishes mouth everytime one posts a report, but once someone gets confronted, the excuse would probably be 'I'm just posting another fishing report like everyone else does', but hey, you gotta make a livin some how.

Now we're gonna run into pics of Seabass, Bluegill, Largemouth, Smallmouth, and stockers with a pink tentacle hanging outta their mouths.

Do you seriously have to **** on every thread someone else posts about catching a fish with their preferred lure/bait/scent? Seems a bit uncalled for here. I don't see his post as an infomercial - it's a fishing report, with pictures. If I were a bait or lure maker, I'd do my damnedest to get pictures of my gear in any fish's mouth - so what?

Stocker trout are dumb and eat anything. Now lings are dumb and will eat anything. Carp are dumb and will eat anything. Bass are dumb and will eat anything. Steelhead are dumb and will eat anything. Catfish are dumb and will eat anything... am I leaving anything out?

brandon4455
brandon4455
i don't mind this post. unlike the rest of them there isn't a link to the website to buy the bait. i find it legitimate. and those fish sure do look yummy!

B
Bad Tuna
Drew9870 said:
(I know, I talk about turds a lot on the subject of fishing :lol:).

Of course you do, you fish for carp and willamette river catfish! Lol

All kidding aside, I'd rather see a ling cod report than one of stocker trout, bass or carp.

Nice job on the ling cod, and making a good product. Part of the American dream brother.

D
Drew9870
I will say it is definitely a good feeling catching fish on your own homemade bait (well, cure in this case, octopus/squid isn't hard to obtain), congrats on being able to come up on a bait that fishes well in river and sea.

It would just be really expensive to use lead jig heads AND jig tippers in the sea, I bet anything in the ocean will hit the jig tipper, but just about anything in the ocean will eat pretty much anything with some protein in it, so if you wanted, you could cure up a plethora of different critters and market it for ocean bait, Powerbait markets a fake ''cut bait'' that is pretty much rubber with a blue side and a silver side, pretty sure it wouldn't be on the shelf if it didn't sell.

But when I speak of the advertising, I'm pretty sure there are others that see it that just don't want to sound like a bad guy, but hey, no problem with free advertising I guess, especially when you can sneak it into the fishing reports. I'm a bit straight to the point, so what I usually say might sound harsh because I ain't gonna sugar coat it.

I like to see pictures of fish as well, fish are fish, even if it is a report of catching Squaws/Suckers, I'm not much of a fish nazi, I like all races of fish equally (maybe not so much panfish, besides Perch for eating), who cares about what one is holding, as long as they are holding a **** eating grin :D.