Ballengers Pond

M
mikeredding
I went to Ballengers Pond today, the first time in a couple of years. I was really disappointed at the amount of trash.:( It was disgusting, you couldn't look a foot without trash. There was even $3 or more in pop and beer bottles and cans. This is very disturbing. This pond is private property but the logging company lets everyone fish there but I don't think they are going to much longer if the idiots keep leaving all their junk.:naughty:

H
Hawk
Superior Lumber has a log pond where folks fish & leave trash. It's Terrible Too..........................................:mad::mad::mad:...........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

S
SDK
That is a shame man, but it did give me an idea that I think I'll throw in the suggestion area...

T
TTFishon
mikeredding said:
I went to Ballengers Pond today, the first time in a couple of years. I was really disappointed at the amount of trash.:( It was disgusting, you couldn't look a foot without trash. There was even $3 or more in pop and beer bottles and cans. This is very disturbing. This pond is private property but the logging company lets everyone fish there but I don't think they are going to much longer if the idiots keep leaving all their junk.:naughty:

I went there three weeks ago. Was the sofa still there? And why would someone dump a bunch of dead nutria there? I probably won't go back for a while. If it were my pond I'd restock it, lock it up, and charge people to fish it on a C&R basis only.

M
mikeredding
TTFishon said:
I went there three weeks ago. Was the sofa still there? And why would someone dump a bunch of dead nutria there? I probably won't go back for a while. If it were my pond I'd restock it, lock it up, and charge people to fish it on a C&R basis only.
Yes the sofa was still there. Absolutely disappointing. I would close it down if I owned it. Really sad that people are disrespectful like that.

J
JeannaJigs
TTFishon said:
Dumping bodies of dead nutria? for serious...that's so vile. Trash is a major pet peeve of mine, I take 40 gallon bags with me when I'm out on the weekends, and every weekend I'm on a bank, I fill a bag, OR MORE...it's nasty, I hate, hate, hate lazy people.

N
ninja2010
JeannaJigs said:
it's nasty, I hate, hate, hate lazy people.

they're not lazy... they just don't give a %$@##!. (did i spell that right?)

J
JeannaJigs
ninja2010 said:
they're not lazy... they just don't give a %$@##!. (did i spell that right?)
You are correctamundo.

So I shall rephrase--

I hate, hate, hate people that just don't give a [insert 4 letter word here].

R
rodsnguns
Is that the pond off highbanks in Springfield?
My grandfather used to take me there once a week each summer when I was a young man, I even talked my mom into taking me there a few times, boy that place was a lil' slice of heaven decades ago,.....bass, crappie, huge bluegills, I even caught some kokanee the game department dumped there once.
I learned how to flyfish there, so sad how things get ruined, last I'd heard they had filled in most of the original ponds for Major's boat/R.V. plant and killed off the fish for some reason.
I think they were originaly gravel pits or some weird open pit mining operation back in the 60's or 70's, I used to find strange looking shiny metalic chunks of rock piled up near an old steel derrick in the far back pond.
The front pond had a long gravel island piled up in the center that the geese used to live on, it was the perfect spot to hatch their chicks because the rest of the pond was basicaly a mote for their island.
The ponds were surounded by acres of hazelnut orchards that helped block the sun and wind, back on the far side of the front pond there were cattle that used to drink out of a little feeder channel that came from the Mckenzie river, it was a real garden of eden in a kids eyes.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
rodsnguns said:
Is that the pond off highbanks in Springfield?
My grandfather used to take me there once a week each summer when I was a young man, I even talked my mom into taking me there a few times, boy that place was a lil' slice of heaven decades ago,.....bass, crappie, huge bluegills, I even caught some kokanee the game department dumped there once.
I learned how to flyfish there, so sad how things get ruined, last I'd heard they had filled in most of the original ponds for Major's boat/R.V. plant and killed off the fish for some reason.
I think they were originaly gravel pits or some weird open pit mining operation back in the 60's or 70's, I used to find strange looking shiny metalic chunks of rock piled up near an old steel derrick in the far back pond.
The front pond had a long gravel island piled up in the center that the geese used to live on, it was the perfect spot to hatch their chicks because the rest of the pond was basicaly a mote for their island.
The ponds were surounded by acres of hazelnut orchards that helped block the sun and wind, back on the far side of the front pond there were cattle that used to drink out of a little feeder channel that came from the Mckenzie river, it was a real garden of eden in a kids eyes.

Yep. That's the one.