Ballenger Pond bass fishing

R
royiii
I'm looking for some good bass fishing. Would someone please give me directions to Ballenger Pond. I know that it is off of hwy126 east of Springfield but I can't find it on my map. Thank you in advance for the help.

18406ej
18406ej
The ponds are behind the Ballenger Company at 52nd & Highbanks road.

F
Floyd91
I ended up driving over there yesterday and checked out the pond that's not gated. Saw a few fish in the shallows. I think I'll try it sometime this week. I'd love to get the gf hooked onto a bass. She has never caught a fish.

Troutski
Troutski
I know the ponds your talking about and my advice it - STEALTH - These fish are very skilled in the art of not being caught.....not that you won't catch any fish there just be aware that they get quite a bit of pressure. From what I hear through the grape vine don't wait to long, they are planning on filling them in. A shame but the land is worth more $ than the ponds. Again; welcome to OFF...

Chuck

F
Floyd91
I spent a few hours there yesterday and caught... a cell phone.:lol: so if anyone's missing one that has fished there let me know and I'll return it.

I did see someone in a boat land atleast one. I saw some more bass but no luck:(

Thanks for the welcome:D

Troutski
Troutski
Your welcome...

Your welcome...

Floyd91 said:
I spent a few hours there yesterday and caught... a cell phone.:lol: so if anyone's missing one that has fished there let me know and I'll return it.

I did see someone in a boat land atleast one. I saw some more bass but no luck:(

Thanks for the welcome:D

Where do you fish normally ? Do you normally target Bass ? Have a sweet day.

Chuck

F
Floyd91
Troutski said:

Where do you fish normally ? Do you normally target Bass ? Have a sweet day.

Chuck

No boat so I do a lot of bank fishing. I'd normally go after trout on the river but I've got bass fever. It's been a few years since I've caught a small mouth, and I've only caught one largemouth in my life. Which was about 5 pounds from a tiny pond right up the mckenzie.

Troutski
Troutski
Dexter Lake...

Dexter Lake...

There are Smallies in Dexter, along the hwy 58 side and along the dam in the rip rap... Best of luck and tight lines.

Chuck

B
BassLover.Z.
Cavdad and Flippinbaits, i am putting my vote in for the new record at my local spots. lyons bass ponds, or Aumesville pond. I have seen some fish in there that have made me rethink my purpose as a fisherman, HUGE fish.

plus in a small to medium sized pond there are ton's of little fish and stuff to eat. ponds are the way to go...

oh, and just so i know when i catch her- before i release her- what is the current record?

B
Boywhofishes
Ballengar ponds, do you know anyone who has some access to them?...

Troutski
Troutski
Boywhofishes said:
Ballengar ponds, do you know anyone who has some access to them?...

To the best of my knowledge they are still open to the public...at least for the time being...any body know any different ??

Chuck

F
Floyd91
The closest pond to highbanks is pretty much wide open. There look to be two others behind the fence with no easy way to get back there.

B
Boywhofishes
ok thanks guys! this will be useful, i am planning to go there this weekend, maybe try to get over to the delta ponds too. :confused:

Troutski
Troutski
Float Tube

Float Tube

Boywhofishes said:
ok thanks guys! this will be useful, i am planning to go there this weekend, maybe try to get over to the delta ponds too. :confused:

If you have a float tube it would come in very handy, you might have to carry it a bit; it would be well worth it.

Chuck

B
Boywhofishes
yeah what about a raft?... would you be able to use that there?... or are the trails not fit to carry it in?... (don't know the area):cool:

Troutski
Troutski
Raft...

Raft...

Boywhofishes said:
yeah what about a raft?... would you be able to use that there?... or are the trails not fit to carry it in?... (don't know the area):cool:

I think a raft would be fine, remember your life jacket...and a camera, we want more pictures...:dance::clap: :clap: :clap:

Chuck

F
Floyd91
There is a shop located on a side of the pond closest to highbanks. I've seen people put their boats in on that side, drift boats, pontoons etc.

K
kmo
ballenger

ballenger

if you go up and ask at office sometimes they will let you launch from there/ i put my 12ft alum in there some times,i did so two weeks ago caught one 3lb on a senko, I think the fish pop is rather small now though as i saw about 20 or so cormorandts a bird known to eat a lot of fish from large waters let alone something that small. they hung around there for about two mnths straight now are gone!

Last edited:
S
specialk0082
lol I know the pond ur talken about i fish it all the time

lol I know the pond ur talken about i fish it all the time

royiii said:
Yeh they are, and they are private. I found out yesterday my uncle used to be a guide so I asked him.

lol I know what pond ur talken about i fish it all the time last year,i know a lot history about that pond,im 26 and I have a older bro and he told me that that pond has some big fish when he was younger,its acutally three ponds kinda hooked together but the back pond the one u want to fish, but it is fenced off thats the spot where theeee baaas got caught,its next to a building that use to be monaco when monaco owned it they use to stock that pond just for the emplyee i cuaght a 17inch trout out of that back pond where the bass got cuaght, when monaco use to be open. i heard you can fish back there but u need a be on a list thats what i heard but i c people sneaken n there all the time, but me i fish on the fisrt pond right next to it, it's open but where i put my pontooon in is on the building grage property but i have permission to fish on that on alteast i did gona go back real soon if u want i'll show u,always looken for a fishen buddy lol by the way i fish on a pontoon its the best pond for a pontoon or small boat, hope this helps u out if u need any info hit me up good luck

Last edited:
S
specialk0082
that where i put my pontoon n

that where i put my pontoon n

Floyd91 said:
There is a shop located on a side of the pond closest to highbanks. I've seen people put their boats in on that side, drift boats, pontoons etc.
thats where i put my pontoon n,thinken about goen there soooooon but dont know if its too cold latly?????any info,does any body know any good spots or ponds and hiiden lakes that good bass fishen?????