Bag limit raised

H

Herefishyfishy

Just in case you haven't heard the bag limit on the Willy, the Clack and the Sandy has been raised to 3 Salmon/ Steelhead with no more than 2 being salmon.

E

eggs

yea i dont know why they did that on the sandy... the springer run is on track to be 1/2 the predicted amount and summers arent returning at the rate as they thought... they are worried a lot when up river and passed the hatchery in the high water.. it's hard enough to get 1 fish a day right now.. 8-10 fish for 30+ boats the last couple weekends is RED HOT!

M

mgdguy

yea i dont know why they did that on the sandy... the springer run is on track to be 1/2 the predicted amount and summers arent returning at the rate as they thought... they are worried a lot when up river and passed the hatchery in the high water.. it's hard enough to get 1 fish a day right now.. 8-10 fish for 30+ boats the last couple weekends is RED HOT!

Couldn't agree more Eggs...I'm going to be hitting the Clack the next couple weekend. The Sandy has been DEAD :(

S

Snagger

Well you are obviously lieing. Just call uny guide and ask them then, ok

M

mgdguy

Better idea - I'll let the rest of our forum fishermen/women chime in here...

:rolleyes:

M

mgdguy

"The Sandy River has been very slow with most leaving empty-handed. Summer steelhead will make up the bulk of the catch when flows drop"

H

Herefishyfishy

Snagger...? Really...? Thats the name you chose for a forum for sportsmen then you come in with an attitude like that on top of it? Maybe you should excuse yourself..... dude.

B

beaverfan

Snagger is just being a jerk, ignore him. I think anyone who's been here a while knows that Mgdguy isn't lying. It's not even worth the energy spent typing to reply to him!

M

mgdguy

Thanks guys. You're right its not worth arguing about. I just don't like being called a liar.

D

Damon79

Just in case you haven't heard the bag limit on the Willy, the Clack and the Sandy has been raised to 3 Salmon/ Steelhead with no more than 2 being salmon.

The bag limit on the Willy is printed in the 2010 regs-unchanged from last year. The Willy and all tributaries of the Willy Falls is open for the above noted bag limit. Not sure about the Santiams, but the Will and Mac are open for retention of NON finclipped steelhead- two per day 20 per year as normal. This means if you were to get really lucky you could take home two non clipped steelies and one clipped steelie, or two nooks and a clipped steelie, or whatever.. Just remember that your third fish MUST be a clipped steelie. The reason for the rentention of NON clipped fish is due to the fact that the Summer steelies are an introduced run in the Willy system, they are NOT NATIVE fish.. doesn't make a lot of sense to some and you have to read the regs closely to understand it all.. Good luck to every one out there and keep them lines tight..

M

Mattdm22

Is that a permantent limit or temporary limit? Either or, thanks for the great information!

D

Damon79

Not sure how permanant it is, but this makes two years in a row now..Guess time will tell. The better than expected fish counts this year I think will be helpfull all the way around for all of us..

K

Kais

ya the sandy has been dead, but maybe they did that to raise people's hopes in that there maybe a lot MORE fish. You know like reverse psychology, so more people will go fishing, lol.
jk

E

eggs

Snagger is gods gift to fishing.. back off him! He obviously know something that the 50 or so people I personally know and have been fishing the sandy for longer then most of us have been alive that say the bit is slow.. and odfw checker was telling lies about 8 fish being recorded all weekend 2 less thn last weekend..

S

steelhead1

'Ole snaggy there is turning into a heckler,eh? Some people are just a waste of air.:think: