Badger Lake bo's & brookies

Irishrover
Irishrover
Badger Lake is another great spot up by My Hood. It’s a small lake, only about 35 acres sunk in the middle of a Douglas Fir Forest. The last four mile of road into the lake are not real smooth might even say they are a wee bit bumpy. To get there head east out of Sandy on Hwy 26 then north on Hwy 35. In about 4 mile you come to road 48 turn right (it’s at the end of the White River Parking area). Take hwy 48 for 15 miles until you come to the second Badger Lake sign then turn left (North). Just a bit up the road turn left again on road 4840 in about 7 mile veer right onto road 140 tighten your set belt and head four mile down to the lake.

The first time I went there I did not take this rout….it was a mistake the next time I did. Also the first time I went there, I made it to the water only to find I had a leak in my old style float tube. It was an old inner tube with a fabric liner and a strap for a seat. I filled it with that instant flat tire fixing stuff that comes in a can. I didn’t work so well. I tried a little bank fishing but being on the lake is a much better way to fish. The next time I had the pontoon with me. It was much better. The fish are Brookies and Rainbows, not the largest in the world but fun on a light rod. Chironomids, wooly buggers, black ants, and dry like callibaetis sparkling dun (always a good fly on those Cascade Lakes, should catch fish for folks there. The nice thing about this lake is that it is small and can be cover it quite easily. I’m just not to crazy about that 140 road. ;)

M
Modest_Man
You can do what I do and hike in 12 miles following the creek...

Irishrover
Irishrover
Maybe about 40 years ago, I'll leave that hike to you younger guys. That's quite a trip!

M
Modest_Man
It's nice in the early summer because you can get to the lake before people can drive in.

A
atgibson88
Badger lake.jpg i love this lake!!

S
Smellsfishy
Nice idea

Nice idea

Modest_Man said:
It's nice in the early summer because you can get to the lake before people can drive in.

Good point! I plan to head up that way in my jeep, via Bennett Pass rd once the snow clears. I'm liking the idea of hiking in too...

Anyone know how the roads are lately? I'm hoping the warm weather this week has melted the snow.