Rivers Long Tom River Fishing Reports

troutdude
troutdude
Nice looking fish. What fun!

The one with the yellow patch...could it have a parasite, or have been poisoned somehow? Just a thought...

CARPCOMMANDER
CARPCOMMANDER
All accept 1 released promptly and swam off quick. Forgot to pinch my barbs one time and instantly regretted it.. Hooked a 10" cutthroat for a good litle fight. Was pretty deeply hooked right behind the tongue, it was a bleeder and the fish swam about 4 feet and wouldn't dive. Gave her about a minute before I went out to my armpits and brought her back and tried to get her swimming... Was delicious on rits crackers though. Out of all the fish I've ever caught on my property over the years it was the only one I knew died..

• 1027181458a.jpg
CARPCOMMANDER
CARPCOMMANDER
Between august and mid december I probably landed 40+ trout out of a 200ft stretch of river with 2 holes about 7ft deep each. That rubber boot the fish are next to is a size 14 also hah some of the biggest trout ive nabbed out of there ever this year though. About 11 years ago my brother caught a hog that was a lil over 15"... By far the biggest trout ive seen out of my property. It was only a litle longer then the ones I caught this year but it was much fatter

troutdude
troutdude
Reactions: CARPCOMMANDER
chris_the_wrench
chris_the_wrench
CARPCOMMANDER said:
Between august and mid december I probably landed 40+ trout out of a 200ft stretch of river with 2 holes about 7ft deep each. That rubber boot the fish are next to is a size 14 also hah some of the biggest trout ive nabbed out of there ever this year though. About 11 years ago my brother caught a hog that was a lil over 15"... By far the biggest trout ive seen out of my property. It was only a litle longer then the ones I caught this year but it was much fatter

You know of any public access to the river up there by Notti?

I've caught a few cutthroat in the Long Tom where it feeds into fern ridge and I have wanted to check out some more of the upper parts. I've fished the upper part by the Alderwood wayside once in the summer, wrong time of year water was way too low.

-Chris

CARPCOMMANDER
CARPCOMMANDER
chris_the_wrench said:
You know of any public access to the river up there by Notti?

I've caught a few cutthroat in the Long Tom where it feeds into fern ridge and I have wanted to check out some more of the upper parts. I've fished the upper part by the Alderwood wayside once in the summer, wrong time of year water was way too low.

-Chris

There's a small bridge on knight road ive seen people fishing for years. Its the first bridge you would come too if you turn off of hw126. Never tried it personally? There's decent acces on the road I live up called green cr under the wood bridge... But my neighbors cook meth and stash stolen cars there... So bring a gun.. Hah or go to the end of poodle creek where it hooks up to hw36, take a left on 36 and about half a mile up there's 2 good pullouts on the right with a decent litle park? Never tried it eather but with some waders I bet you could do some damage? It can be a fun litle river or the worst snag ditch you wish you'd never tryed..

Reactions: chris_the_wrench and troutdude