Back to Walton Lake

Irishrover
Irishrover
What a life, last week fishing for silvers out of Newport, tomorrow headed up to Walton Lake for some fly fishing. Oregon is a great place for fisherman & women. Can't wait to get back to that little Pondarosa Pine surrounded lake. It sit high up in the Ochoco Mountains and it's a great place to use the fly rod and just relax. Another week and it's back to the ocean and more silvers. :)

H
hendrixfan
I remember going to Walton Lake when I was a kid(a little over 20 yrs ago now probably on a family fishing road trip). I caught several fish, and had an all around good time. Beautiful spot, I will have to go back there sometime and take my own kids for a relaxing fishing trip. Good luck to ya!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Thanks, I'll bring the camera and a least get some pictures of the lake and hope there are some fish landed too.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I couldn't believe it the place was packed. I suppose with it being so hot over here lots of folks decided it was time to hit the lake to cool off. A bus lot of about 40 kids showed up and did what kids like to do yell splash and make noise. But that is OK by me I don't own that lake and the kids were having the time of there life. It brought back memories of when I was a kid spending hours and hours swimming the Molalla, Sandy, and Clackamas. The fishing picked up later and you could here the excited sound of kids catching fish what a kick! We caught our fish on black wooly buggers, kept four of them for dinner and over all had a great time. The pictures I took are not all that good but I'll post them anyway.

H
hendrixfan
Thanks for sharing, I was looking for a pic I have of me 20+ yrs ago with a bunch of fish from there but couldn't find it. Looks a lot like I remember it.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I almost forgot to post a picture of the fish we kept. If I had waited any longer the only thing in the picture would have been bones! Photos are of the start and the finished product.;)

Last edited: