Baby sturg

N
nw5785
Since i have not been on the forums in a while..

I caught 3 undersized sturgeon back in july on the Columbia, the biggest of them measured in at 35in, almost to the washington state limit of 38in :(

Caught all of them with frozen shirmp lol.. on a treble hook and corkie, went poorly prepared but all n all had a nice day catching a buzz :dance:

Here's one of the little guys,
l_ec2d10e74cb14468995c15091723af6d.png

Last edited:
M
metalmania
Nice fish, treble hooks are illegal to use with gators:naughty:.

Y
youngbuck307
suppose to be barbless hooks too just to let you know

N
nw5785
Oops well to be honest we were out there looking for steelhead because salmon season was closed at the time.. good to know for future reference thanks guys.

S
STURGEON FEAR
Its a good idea to go over the book when fishing for a new species just save ya from a ticket not a good idea to drink and run a boat either

B
beaverfan
Isn't it single barbless hook on none floating lures or something like that in the CR. Nice fish but it's very important to check the regs before you head out.

S
STURGEON FEAR
Yes beaver ur right single barbless hook 3/4 or larger and its statewide no treble hooks sturgeon have a very sensitive mouth and treble hooks do a lot of damage to those senses i totally agree with the no treble hook law!!

S
STURGEON FEAR
Also its a good idea to keep gators in the water as much as possible since they have no bone structure they rely on the weightlessness of water and removing them from the water for very long can damage there inner organs they may swim off but might die soon after from internal bleeding or damage just from the weight of there own inards just food for thought for all gator catchers!!

kirkster
kirkster
beaverfan said:
Isn't it single barbless hook on none floating lures or something like that in the CR. Nice fish but it's very important to check the regs before you head out.
Thats correct its called the non bouyant lure restriction.