B.S stories... that are true?

H
halibuthitman
There is a new post on OFF today that is darn near iresponsible it is so b.s, leading new fisherman down a path where they might make a fool of themselves if re-peated in the wrong circle.... and I love it! man fish stories are the history and back-bone of our sport, but all of us who have fished our whole lives have seen something we have only told our very closest friends about, out of fear of being made fun of or called out, well im tired of hiding mine... im coming out,
I was standing in a river in central montana flyfishing, my net dragging in the water behind me... and about an 8lb german brown swam in, catching himself, I did nothing but lift the net.... no kidding.
so whats yours? this is like jeopardy... you have to end the post with, no kidding, or I wouldn't sh** ya, or some disclaimer like that.

T
Troutier Bassier
I went to Multnomah falls on Sunday, And I saw Coho in the Crick there...... No joke.

B
bigfootfish
Haw!

Haw!

I believe both of you.:whistle:

BFF

A
Anyfishisfine
Troutier Bassier said:
I went to Multnomah falls on Sunday, And I saw Coho in the Crick there...... No joke.

Yeah, they hold above the falls before continuing upstream.

J
JSpencer
While fighting a nice sized northern pike (the type of fish pictured in my avatar), i had a rather funny thing happen.

Me and my stepdad were out in his little boat, i was fishing sooner than he was since he didn't bother getting the tangles out of his line before we launched. Anyways my stepdad was untangling his line and i hooked into a nice pike. It was putting up one hell of a fight when all of a sudden my line went slack. I started reeling faster thinking he had let loose. Well he hadnt let loose, every so often he would turn away and we would fight again for a few seconds. Well the line went slack again and i knew what was happening so i put my rod tip down and started reeling as fast as i could. This fish came up and jumped out of the water, went straight between me and my stepdad (over the boat!) and slapped my stepdad in the face with his tail on the way through. No kidding! (I landed the fish shortly after and then released it, i strictly C&R with pike)

J
joesnuffy
Speaking of netting fish....

My stepdad and I were chasing King's in south east Washington. After a long day and looking to end in a skunk, my Stepdad yell's out, "Fish On!" I quickly secure my gear and head for the net.

Now for some reason, a fishig hole that seemed to be lifeless, now became full of it. He's battleing a 20lb+ fish and Chinook start jumping everywhere. After a moment or two of watch in awe, I remember to get the net ready to help land the fish.

Jokingly I yell at one of the jumping Kings to land in the net and no more then 3 seconds later, a fish leaps from 10ft away in the proper direction and bonks his head on the edge of the net that i was holding out.

Shortly after that, my stepdad's fish is landed.

You should of been there!!!

J
JeeperGal
One time I cast a lure into the OFF Hole and lost it on a rockfish. I tied a new spinner on and cast out again... I got stuck a bit, gave it a yank, and reeled on in. I look at my lure and on the end of my hook is my original lure.

T
Thuggin4Life
I caught 3 sculpins trollin a fender and a worm in 1 day. 1 in tide water on the siuslaw and 2 in sitcoos. No **** 3 sculpins. Another time. A drunken time I crawled on my bell to the edge of the brooder pond at leaburg and scooped 1 on the bank with 1 hand. No ****. Another time I tried to fish with a 10' leader and still couldn't get a fish. No ****.

M
metalmania
Once while crossing eagle creek I had a steelhead spook, run downriver and straight into my net that I was carrying:shock:. He then turned and ran straight out:lol: Can you belive that $&^*.

T
Troutier Bassier
Thuggin4Life said:
I caught 3 sculpins trollin a fender and a worm in 1 day. 1 in tide water on the siuslaw and 2 in sitcoos. No **** 3 sculpins. Another time. A drunken time I crawled on my bell to the edge of the brooder pond at leaburg and scooped 1 on the bank with 1 hand. No ****. Another time I tried to fish with a 10' leader and still couldn't get a fish. No ****.
Ive caught scaulpin while trolling for walleye at a prety fast speed. No $hit Johnny!

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Troutier Bassier said:
Ive caught scaulpin while trolling for walleye at a prety fast speed.

You didn't say it right so i am calling bs on that.

M
metalmania
I've wen't 6-7 on the exact same hen coho over a period of 2 weeks, on the same egg cure:shock:. Seriously, you think i'm joking but i swear i'm not:D.

B
bigdog
A couple years back a friend and I were camping out in estacada and doing some trout fishing. Was a great weekend and the fishing was good. I was tossing a spinner out in the water and on one of my tosses as I'm reeling it in I see this (I believe it was a hawk) come out of this tree and dive on my spinner. My pole slams down and bends like never bent before then I see this big bird fly up with my lure and line gets about fifteen feet in the air and then drops my spinner. I'm thinking it didn't like the feeling of my hook in it's foot. Made my heart pound harder then ever. No joke, this really happened.
CJ

T
Troutier Bassier
I was fishing with small Crappie jigs at Salish for trout (yes they work!) and I casted 10 feet away from a bunch of ducks. Right when I cast they all look over and dive and they Hit my Jig! And I set it thinking it was coincidentally a fish. A duck pops up and Trys to fly away. I got really scared and cut the line.... That juist proves that ducks at salish would eat anything in winter.

T
TTFishon
After about a thirtyfive to fourty minute hike my buddy Marc and I reached our destination, Linton Lake, nestled five miles below the Three Sisters. It was a hot sunny summer's afternoon and I couldn't wait to cast a line and crack open a not so cold one. Not without an obstacle though. In the corner of my eye I noticed a bat flying a bit too close for comfort. Now I've seen plenty of bats at dusk hell I even caught one once flyfishing when I was a kid, but not in the middle of the day. He must have been sizing us up when suddenly he flew right towards us. We both immediatly started wipping our rigged and ready poles from side to side. At one point our poles managed to tangle together. I don't know how but luckily they came apart. That's when the leather winged furry terror decided to give us a couple of seconds. My buddy Marc went one way and I went the other. For some reason he started to fly my way. The last thing I remember was falling backwards with my tacle box in my hand and a half case of beer tucked under my armpit in one arm and my pole in the other arm franticaly swinging it back and forth. Just before I hit the ground I felt my pole strike his ass to the ground. I shot up and stomped him dead. I'm sure It was quite the spectacle for the other visitors at the lake. We still laugh about it to this day.

L
livin2fish
So there i am fishin' one of my favorite salmon holes and bam I hook what looks like about a thirty pound nooker hen, after running me around and through the rocks and **** she spit the hook.:( Wading back to the bank and my wife for some consoling and a beer with my head hung low I here some comotion upstream, I look up and low and behold there is my fish flopping on the rocks trying to get the hell out of dodge,well, being the hunter,gatherer that I am I run up river and jump on the fish like a bear, got my fish, no ********.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

O
Outdoor_Myers
This happened a while back. My best friend and me where fishing on the mississippi river on a mussle beach when a huge barge come rumbling past causing huge waves. Well I had a small very small tackle container sitting on a rock, well the waves caught it as i went to reach for it. then we heard a loud crashing sound. the barge hit the train bridge and when I looked down my tackle was gone :(. A year later almost to the day I was reeling in a stripper when I set the hook a bird swooped down and got tangled in my line I landed them both. On my next cast I thought I had snagged something or it was what we called a perch but in reality they are freshwater drumfish, but it was neither of those! IT WAS MY LITTLE TACKLE BOX NO SH*T! we laughed and joked about how something so small and so lightweight lasted the winter and the spring/summer floods and the current and it was still right there! so I opened it up and took out one of my walleye jigs it was rather rusty but I tied it on and caught 3 4 lb walleyes! you should have been there it was some crazy Sh*t we still talk about that day.

O
OnTheFly
OM that's an amazing story and I believe you!

I was salmon fishing in the Willamette at the mouth of Multnomah channel and pulled up a shaker sturgeon tangled in old line and gear. It was still alive and well. The wierd part was that my hook bulls-eyed into the Eye of the hook already in the sturgeons mouth!:shock: I wouldn't sh** ya

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
I caught a rock when sturgeon fishing. 3 Times. No S*it

J
juggernaut506
Last summer I was tuna fishing with my buddy out of Depoe Bay when a tuna hit one of our cedar plugs. The fish hit so hard that it broke the rocket launcher pole holder and sent the pole flying into the water. My buddy was kinda frustrated that he just lost one of his tuna rods when we looked back and saw it flapping on the surface of the water. It turns out that the rod had gotten snagged right though the first eye by one of our hand lines so we were able to carefully pull in the hand line, grab the pole and reel up the tuna.