b-day trip where to go?

brandon4455
brandon4455
i am lost!!! dad said we need backup just incase the deschutes plan doesn't go through. Can someone recomend a river that has good fly fishing during august? somwhere i can wade in but there needs to be bank access for my dad and people who dont have waders. and we can have a barbecue somwhere close to the river. i would like there to be trout and summer steelhead but i can settle for just fat hungry trout. also it would be ebst if it's 2 hours or less from home and somwhere where a lot of people can fish..i plan on making a bunch of you come :lol:

brandon

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Mckenzie.

Reactions: OnTheFly
O
OnTheFly
Metolius. Redside and Bulltrout.

S
steelhead_slayer
fall river is a nice place

C
capblack
mac or santiam for steel, but i would hit the metolious if you want some better scenery and good trout fishing. i think its only an hour past detroit, so that should work in just about 2 hrs from your place. theres a place not far from hwy 20 that had some picnic tables too, so that might work for your bbq

brandon4455
brandon4455
k metolius it is.
thanks so much for the suggestions everyone. i hope some of you will come out and fish when the time comes :D

Last edited:
S
steelhead_slayer
the metolius can be tough with its clear water, but it is a definete must fish at least once in your life place. one of my favorites