Awwww.....water and the outdoors

L
lilsalmon
Bigsteel and I hit Breitenbush and The LNF one more time and had a great day but no fish for me...Bigsteel got 1. We decided to check out 3 Pools and this was the first time I had been there when it was this high....beautiful!!!!! I forgot I took these on my cell. This is why I love fishing and getting out to see this wonderful state....just wanted to share...:D

• 3 Pool2.jpg
  • 3 Pool3.jpg
  • 3 Pool1.jpg
O
OnTheFly
Wow! I like the rock piller center piece up stream above the falls.

F
Finneus Polebender
Wow cool picks !

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice pics that place looks awesome

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. Another bootiful place to go in Oregon, even if the fish won't cooperate.

B
bigsteel
I love that spot,,one of my favs for trout

B
Bucknasty
before i discovered steelhead i used to go whitewater kayaking (creeking as we called it) a few days a week. We visited the LNF regularly, it is on of the most beautiful places on earth!! Up river from 3 pools the creek has walls that overhang on each side and nearly touch with a couple waterfalls and some classic whitewater much like your pictures here its aaaamazing! Downstream from 3 pools the creek ventures through a massive gorge with 100ft walls, and some serious class 5 whitewater with one or two being unscoutable and unportageable :shock: Also within the gorge is a major siphon and the whole river goes under a massive slab of rock.. talk about sketchy.. but all within this ten miles of stream there is so much beauty your eyes will explode! just sayin i love that place .. Cheers, Bob

Last edited:
J
JeeperGal
That river is one of the top 5 in oregon for beauty. Its so pretty it hurts!

B
Bucknasty
actually if you want to see more pictures of the stream itself jason rackley has an awesome website dedicated to kayaking and the love of rivers, its oregonkayaking.net. I use it a lot for fishing, he has links to river levels, full right ups of rivers and creeks with pictures. If you want to see the LNF its listed in the creeks section under the lower section of opal creek, Most the kayakers refer to that section as opal creek, anyway blah blah blah check it out Rad pictures : ) Cheers, Bob

L
lilsalmon
Bucknasty said:
before i discovered steelhead i used to go whitewater kayaking (creeking as we called it) a few days a week. We visited the LNF regularly, it is on of the most beautiful places on earth!! Up river from 3 pools the creek has walls that overhang on each side and nearly touch with a couple waterfalls and some classic whitewater much like your pictures here its aaaamazing! Downstream from 3 pools the creek ventures through a massive gorge with 100ft walls, and some serious class 5 whitewater with one or two being unscoutable and unportageable :shock: Also within the gorge is a major siphon and the whole river goes under a massive slab of rock.. talk about sketchy.. but all within this ten miles of stream there is so much beauty your eyes will explode! just sayin i love that place .. Cheers, Bob

Wow...that sounds awesome....guess I have to wander further next time I am there....It is a beautiful place tho...I picked up a bunch of garbage there cuz the people that come to swim don't care what they leave behind. Thanks for the info BN

S
SALTYFISH
I was there this summer ,and saw some one jump of of that rock pillar in the back ground CRAZY. CRAZY beautiful place to.

T
Thuggin4Life
Some sweet pics!