Awesome day on the Willy!!!

B
beaverfan
After a series of unsuccessful trips in the Oregon City area my dad and I decided to hit it above the falls for some Springers. After about an hour I felt a little tap tap on my line, figuring it was another Pikeminnow I lazily grabbed my rod and set the hook. After about a 15 minute fight I land my first ever hatchery summer Steelhead! Twenty nine inches and a little over 12lbs! A couple hours go by with no action and then wham another monster Steelhead slams my dad's prawn and takes OFF! It was 31inches and about 14lbs! Then as we were talking about calling it a day my dad yells, "Jay your rod!" I pick it up and start tugging on my first Steelhead limit EVER!!!! This one was 28inches and about 10lbs! All in all a wonderful day on the water! All the fish came on cured prawns with a little piece of Pop A Top yarn (TaKillYa Rose) with a dab of anise for scent. So we hooked 3 and landed 3 with at least 7 or 8 missed take downs! A very good day on the Willy! In fact everyone else we saw hadn't caught a thing. Heading back out on Thursday for some more fun. Here are a few pics from the day.

A
autofisher
:dance:HELLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH! WAY TO GO BROTHA!! Congrats on the limit.:clap:

T
Throbbit _Shane
way to go on the awesome day of fishing!! :D

M
metalfisher76
Very nice fish!! Nothin better than sharin with the ol` man either!! All the summers I am seeing are of purty good size, gotta like that.

M
mgdguy
Woohoo!! NICE FISH! :clap: :clap: :clap:

M
metalmania
Nice work dude, congrats:D.

T
TTFishon
Looks like a stellar day on the water! Very nice looking fish! Great job!

C
Cohosanders
:clap::clap::DGoing 4 springers, But instead slayed some beautiful summers. That picture of you w/ that chrome beauty is priceless:cool::cool: Way 2 go on those beasts and your first limit:dance:

B
bigdog
Nice work man looks like it was a good day for sure.

B
beaverfan
Cohosanders said:
:clap::clap::DGoing 4 springers, But instead slayed some beautiful summers. That picture of you w/ that chrome beauty is priceless:cool::cool: Way 2 go on those beasts and your first limit:dance:

Ya it was a gorgeous fish! They were all pretty chrome but that one was pretty awesome! I didn't even have to hold it out to make it look big!

M
mgdguy
Wow I don't think I've ever seen such excited posts from Beaverfan :lol: Rightfully so! :)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Slaying steel looks good on you,Beaverfan!! What a memory,huh?! Congrats.

N
nwkiller
nice work man, way to get into them, save some for us up here in eugene

M
Moe
way to go! those are some beauties!

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go jay those are some some nice fish.

J
Johnny Southpaw
the fish in pic # 4 is a freshly plated CHROMER! WOW! Just about needed to throw my sunglasses on to take a good look at that fish. Nice job!

M
Mike123
Nice man! Looks like an awesome trip out!

P
plumb2fish
No wonder fishing has slowed down on the mckenzie, you r killen em all before they get here. HAHA Nice fish

F
FishAssassin
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :clap:

G
GDBrown
Willy Steele

Willy Steele

Nice work, Jay!

You are luck to have a father who can go fishing with you from time to time. I really miss having my son close enough to fish with. I have to go all the way to Salt Lake City to see him. We usually spend a day fly fishing up the canyon somewhere when I do get there.

GD