Awesome Blue Lake sunfish

I
Ifishforfood
i recently posted a question about how fishing at blue lake is. i headed out to the lake on friday, and i wasn't disapointed! i got to the lake at 5:45 A.M., and couldnt keep the fish off my hook! i used a medium hook 1.5 feet under a bobber, with 3 splitshot strung above the hook. nightcrawlers on this deal fished in the weeds was awesome, and i caught and released around 60. this is a really neat like, and anyone intereted in catching some nice sunfish should try this lake! the two main species i caught were green sunfish and bluegills, as well as a few pumpkinseed. there are also HUGE carp in that lake, which a man told me bite on corn on the bottom. blue lake is a pretty cool lake for anyone, especially kids. tight lines!!

B
bassman503
Took you awhile to figure that out.

T
Troutier Bassier
Now dont be mean bassman,

Good Job! Bluelake is a really great place to take your kids! thats why I still go there.

troutdude
troutdude
Yeah Bassman...be respectful.

T
Thuggin4Life
SOunds like a blast!

M
mgdguy
Sounds like fun! All you need to complete the post is PICS ;)

M
Marvin's Guide Service
When I was a kid I would go out there and use corn for bait and catch carp 10 pounds and bigger! great place to to take kids.

B
bassman503
lmao so sorry.

I
Ifishforfood
oh, by the way bassman. i havnt fished that lake in the past becuase i was told that blue lake gets closed down every year due to kids crapping in the lake , and weed problems. it might have " taken me a long time to figure that out" probably because the fact im 14, and i never used to live close enough to bike down there. i generally fish the columbia river, but after i asked around about panfish holes, troutier bassier led me on to blue lake. by the way troutier bassier, thanks!!

T
Troutier Bassier
Another 14 year old on the forum! W00T! What school?

I
Ifishforfood
i will be a freshman at reynolds this fall. nice to see im not the only kid on here!!