Awesome 1st Annual Fish OFF!!!!!

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
What a really nice group of folks! It was a ton of fun getting to know so many Off-ers this weekend. Last night's Pot Luck was a smash success! Tons of food, plenty of choices for drinks, and most of all the fine company.:D

I met Autofisher, FishFinger, Osmosis, Indifisher, Bait-N-fish, OntheFly, Ninja20100, Raincatcher, JeanaJigs (pronounced Jeana...as in a pair of blue jeans), Platteflyfisher, and many others whose moniker I don't remember.

We had fun talking on the two-way radios on channel 5, code 5. It was even better when I learned to push the "talk" switch to talk instead of the "call" switch! Oooops.;)

FishFinger has a hilarious story about a quite amphibious wife. I'll let him tell it. It's hilarious...but only because it did not turn tragic.

Special thanks goes out to Bait-N-fish for joining me on my boat. Too bad about the low battery trouble. We had fun yesterday anyway!!!

The Secret Fishman's game was really fun and all of us ended up with stuff we really liked. Way better than the tiresome Secret Santa game played at small Office Parties. I guess it helps to bring gifts "related to fishing" for a group of fisher-persons.

I can't wait to do it again!!! Camping, fishing, potluck, and campfire with other OFFer's is FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!! Again, what a nice group of folks. So glad to have met you all.:clap:

Ladyofthelake

B
beaverfan
Sounds like a great time, I wish I could have been there. Now for the real question, how was fishing?

Reactions: OnTheFly
W
windburnt
thx for the hospitallity of all. We had fun and met a lot of new great people. Hoping to gather again soon. thx again to all.:)

I
Indifisher
Awesome weather

Awesome weather

The weather got much better as the weekend progressed. Truthfully, i considered leaving early because the weather sucked early on. Thursday night it poured, I forgot the rain cover for my tent, so I got a little wet (although not as wet as Bait N Switch). Around 3 am I rememebered that a I had a spare inflatable bed in the truck, threw that over he mesh top of the tent, problem fixed. Got up in the morning, hung my blankets up to dry, headed out to catch some fish.

I
Indifisher
Look Fishy?

Look Fishy?

So does that water look fishable? I thought so too. I was able to limit everyday except on Sunday, missed the limit by one. Now I know some people have their doubts, (Autofisher), but I ate a lot of trout over those 4 days. I was so tired of trout, that I started putting them on ice instead of eating them. I ended up bringing 9 home. Trout kabbobs, trout gumbo, trout fillet, trout sandwhiches, fried trout, any other ideas?

F
FishSchooler
Watch forest gump, and whatever bubba says you can do with shrimp, you can do with trout.:D

I
Indifisher
hmmm

hmmm

Hey Schooler,
I will let you try trout cocktail

F
FishSchooler
Indifisher said:
Hey Schooler,
I will let you try trout cocktail

AHhahahaha maybe not that one. :lol:

P
platteflyfisher
Thanks Indi because they were there right where you said they were. I told my buddy and he's there now and should hit them in his toon in the morning.

I
Indifisher
platteflyfisher said:
Thanks Indi because they were there right where you said they were. I told my buddy and he's there now and should hit them in his toon in the morning.

Platteflyfisher,
So you guys found them after I left huh? Good, I was starting to worry because it seemed no one else was having any luck. I haven't heard how Fishfinger did. He was looking a little defeated, but optimistic. Now if I can land some Steel and Salmon, I would feel better.
Jason

A
autofisher
Indifisher said:
So does that water look fishable? I thought so too. I was able to limit everyday except on Sunday, missed the limit by one. Now I know some people have their doubts, (Autofisher), but I ate a lot of trout over those 4 days. I was so tired of trout, that I started putting them on ice instead of eating them. I ended up bringing 9 home. Trout kabbobs, trout gumbo, trout fillet, trout sandwhiches, fried trout, any other ideas?

I never doubted that you caught them. I just thought you had some special way of doing it...... You know.... like a fish magnet. I could only find one fish up there. Jigs found one and every one else got shut out. Next time.... I'm takin dynamite.

J
JeannaJigs
Seriously have never worked so hard for a fish, required all kinds of sabotage. My neighbor was up there today and just got home with limits, but I dunno about this guy...I think he stopped at the supermarket and tossed some winco trout in his cooler. (that's my story and i'm stickin' to it).

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Shark fishing...

Shark fishing...

autofisher said:
I never doubted that you caught them. I just thought you had some special way of doing it...... You know.... like a fish magnet. I could only find one fish up there. Jigs found one and every one else got shut out. Next time.... I'm takin dynamite.

Honestly,his daughter,Olivia out fished him when she "hooked & bonked" SharkBait! :D I would say she caught the biggest and best looking fish all weekend. ;) Next time we'll use what we stop and buy and keep our heads out of the warm dark spot...:rolleyes:

I
Indifisher
Let's Go

Let's Go

Hey guys,
Anytime you guys want to go, let's do it. I know I can get you guys into fish on that lake. Although, I will probably be spending more time on the coast for Chinook and crab. The set up I was using is pretty simple, a 2 oz bannana weight, flasher, wedding ring, and about 1/2" of nightcrawler.

Hey Autofisher, here's a pic of Olivia and Sharkbait-oo-ahah. I think they had fun too.

Reactions: FishSchooler
A
autofisher
Indifisher said:
Hey Autofisher, here's a pic of Olivia and Sharkbait-oo-ahah. I think they had fun too.

Ok here's the best part about this thread. I just opened this one up and Sharkbait came out of his room and walked over to me. He pointed to the screen and when I asked him if he missed Olivia, he pointed to the screen and said "That's my woman" :lol: He had a great time. Yeah, I know what I was doin wrong out there trolling. I just didn't think cause I had too much goin on. Next time, I won't have to tell people that Jigs stole my gear. I'll be bringin home some fish.

I
Indifisher
Here's a Few More

Here's a Few More

We have a few more too.

Last edited:
S
Sharkbait-oo-haha
Sharkbait says.....

Sharkbait says.....

;alskdgu;dflkbndfk;lbnwe;ofgihnb;s,mldnfb

Translation- I miss my special fish OFF girl. Can't wait to get out and hit the water again.

Top Bottom