Avioding the little ones.

Badfish
Badfish
I went out yesterday afternoon bass fishing and couldn't keep the 8 - 10 inchers off my baits. Spinner baits, crank baits, senkos, topwaters..... I switched to a 6" senko and still kept hooking the little ones.

I moved around, but I couldn't shake them.

What's the deal??? :lol:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Crazy Mike says....

Crazy Mike says....

All I know is that Mike Ikenberry (sp?) says to use huge bait if you want to catch huge fish. I always toss 10"-12" worms in the hopes of proving him right. No trophies yet,but I can feel them swimming my way...any minute now. :pray:

Be safe.
Barb

J
jpjule
I feel your pain. I have caught at least 25 bass in the last week and a half with only 2 of them being 12" or more. I'm happy to catch anything but it would be nice to get into a few bigguns. I don't have any answers for you but will follow this thread in the hopes that someone does.

N
ninja2010
if you're hooking up on leeeetle guys, the big uns are not there, or they're not feeding. move on and keep searching. when they're feeding, the small ones usually don't stand a chance, and sometimes become food themselves.

1bigfish
I am going to have to agree with ninja2010.

F
flippinbaits
1bigfish said:
I am going to have to agree with ninja2010.

i third that :clap:

T
Troutier Bassier
flippinbaits said:
i third that :clap:
and I will Proudly Fourth that.
Anyone want to Fifth that?

F
fishgriller
i do haha

Sixth?

S
steelhead1
To make catchin the smaller fish more challenging,use an ultralight flyrod with light tippet,its fun and great practice,:D as bass are scrappers!

A
AlexCrowson
Badfish said:
I went out yesterday afternoon bass fishing and couldn't keep the 8 - 10 inchers off my baits. Spinner baits, crank baits, senkos, topwaters..... I switched to a 6" senko and still kept hooking the little ones.

I moved around, but I couldn't shake them.

What's the deal??? :lol:

Maybe I missed it, but where were you fishing?

F
Fisherman.Z.
spot checks

spot checks

What i would do in that situation is try to target bass areas.
if you are into little fish in that area move to the next.
look for all the right structure to hold a monster.
creek channels. logs. grass or weed edges. points.
ledges. you know. the typical bass stuff.:D