Attractants, sprays, gels, dips, scents for trouts?

Y
YouCanKissMyZeebaas
Hiya Fellow Trouters-

What have you used and does it seem to improve your fishing?

Also, how often do you apply?

Thanks to all those who replies :D

Fish On!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
There's a good mix that I like to use when I'm chuckin powerbait..... It's Berkley's trout attractant and Mike's glow shrimp oil..... Mix the two of them together and dip your powerbait in it..... :)

D
DYJ
Sometimes I'll use the Pro Cure Garlic Plus on a Yarn Ball while chasing Steelies but it always seem to hook up with Trout also

Diehard
Diehard
i second the garlic scent additive for trout and many other fish im not sure what it is about it but it worked when i use it

Y
YouCanKissMyZeebaas
Raincatcher said:
There's a good mix that I like to use when I'm chuckin powerbait..... It's Berkley's trout attractant and Mike's glow shrimp oil..... Mix the two of them together and dip your powerbait in it..... :)

Hiya Raincatcher-

Whats your mixture ratio, is it 1 to 1?

Also, how often do you reapply your trout juice?

Thanks

T
troutmaster101
i mixed veg oil with mayo sugar & brown sugar a cocktail shirmp and chili sauce with powder garlic for a dip. i started the day with just rainbow trout nuggets 1 half hours and 4 trout later i decided to use my dip. i cast i catch a small give it back, rebait dip cast catch give back, that fast 6 times! three days later i do the same thing and with less dramatic results but i had my limit within 2 hours! :)

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
Milage...

Milage...

50/1 ratio of regular gas and two stroke oil, hides the smell of my cigarettes; and the fish love it.......;)

Chuck

P5310002.jpg

A
autofisher
YouCanKissMyZeebaas said:
Hiya Raincatcher-

Whats your mixture ratio, is it 1 to 1?

Also, how often do you reapply your trout juice?

Thanks

There really is no mixture to our dip.... we kind of just add it together till it looks "right" :) If we're using powerbait and what not, one coat usually stays on for a bit. Usually reapply after a couple of casts.

M
Moe
Troutski said:
50/1 ratio of regular gas and two stroke oil, hides the smell of my cigarettes; and the fish love it.......;)
That is a beuatiful fish. Out of Oregon? That thing is spectacular!

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
My go-to scent is a mixture of Smelly-Jelly Trout Feast, and Dr. Juice trout scent. Give my bait a quick rub with the Smelly Jelly, add a drop of the Dr. Juice, and away she goes. ( I fish mostly with crawlers ) It's usually good for about 4 or 5 casts.

The other thing I've noticed about trout scents is that they tend t make the most difference when the fishing is fair to good. When it's either red-hot, or deader'n a doornail, you might as well be using Aquafina

Oh, and I always keep a tube of hand-sanitizer in my box, great for removing trout scent from my hands, before I go to grab a sandwich or a pop.

Troutski
Troutski
Moe said:
That is a beuatiful fish. Out of Oregon? That thing is spectacular!

Leaburg lake near Springfield .....

Chuck

G
graywolf
I have a variety of food supplements like cod liver and other fish oil supplements that family members no longer take, do the have any use as bait scent. ?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
You should research it further, but I don't know why not. Hopefully one of our scientist types will chime in with more info.

G
graywolf
I have been doing that since I posted. One item I found said cod liver oil + red food coloring. It said it would draw hungry fish. Another entry in Fish and Stream said it was good to use.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Go for it! In my opinion, anything that doesn't include a harmful chemical (like WD40 ) is good to have handy. Basically, it you think it stinks, the fish will love it!