At Miller with the skeeters

H
HOTROD
Hauled the kids up to Miller this weekend, never been there before thought we would give it a try. Nice little campground, before i could get the rods and the boat ready my 12 year old headed down to the bank to pitch a spinner and came back up minutes later with a nice little rainbow. There were plenty of fish to be caught throwing flies at the bank, they ranged from 6 to 12 inches, rainbows, kokes and even a little brown. Ever thrown flie i the dark, thats and experience with three in a drift boat, hooked into a couple of bigger fish that brooke me off, thinkin the bigger browns came up in the shallows after dark, anyway good time for the first trip two that lake im sure we will get back there soom. MAKE SURE U TAKE YOUR 100% DEET WITH U ITS A MUST

jamisonace
jamisonace
Great report Hotrod. Thanks! I stopped into Miller last fall while I was hunting and decided a camping trip this year is in order. Might have to get up there soon.
We have property about 12 miles from Miller and we went up there for fathers day and the mosquitos ran us out of there pretty quickly.

D
DYJ
Where is your property? We also have 5 acres just before the old half way house.

H
HOTROD
What are you using for the browns i only hooked a couple on flies. Great pic

C
cowboysfan
Miller Lake is an awesome lake when you learn it, I lived in chemult and spent all my time up there, Rainbows use to be the big fish but has turned into a lake of browns, glad you caught some it can be a very finicky and slow on fish, sounds like you did alright HotRod!

Troutski
Troutski
jamisonace said:
Great report Hotrod. Thanks! I stopped into Miller last fall while I was hunting and decided a camping trip this year is in order. Might have to get up there soon.
We have property about 12 miles from Miller and we went up there for fathers day and the mosquitos ran us out of there pretty quickly.

Electronic Mosquito Replant is the way to go at Miller, I don't leave home without them now. The perfect thing for all anglers, no chemicals, no smell just no sketters...... What a blessing in electronics !!!
Of course a couple of these in the boat will keep the really big ones away;) .
Skeeter.jpg

Chuck

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
N
Ntofishing
I was also up there this week. I took my sister with me this time and between the 2 of us we came home with 15 fish (4 bows and 11 kokes). All in all it was a really fun trip.

C
chivato
We are looking for fun trip up to miller, how was the road, recently graded, washboard?

C
cowboysfan
if the gravel is bad you can get past the first half by going up from beaver marsh directly across hwy 97 from the 86 road. it is a pumice road and dusty but it cuts out the first 7 miles of the gravel.

N
Ntofishing
Yea like always the road is horrible. Most of it looks like a wash board.