Astoria's real goonies

N
nwkiller
Went up to astoria, oregon on the columbia in attempt to get some monster keepers. weather wasn't rainy but the wind was strong enough to push the waves in the air creating a mist effect...getting you wet.
astoria6-18006.jpg
we pushed from spot to spot, looking for the ball of beasts, after catching 3 shakers we finally got into a decent fish, we got to see the size before we set the hook while it flailed out of the water, my friend got his first sturgeon to the boat aftet a great fight.........but she was a 1/2 inch shy of take home, so she was 40 1/2 inches being that we needed 41 inches.
astoria6-18004.jpg
got into some more shakers....caught a good size flounder maybe 19 inches long......finally we had a keeper on the line...u can tell because they pull line and fight really hard. she measured 43 inches.
astoria6-18008.jpg
next fish was zingging line, putting up a great fight, knew we had a keeper size on....out pops a green sturgeon (indangered) it was so awesome looking, my first green sturgeon ever.
astoria6-18009.jpg
it was an amazing day on the water, started out slow but ended beyond strong.

T
Thuggin4Life
SOme nice pictures of some nice fish! Never seen a green one till now.

M
metalfisher76
Nooooyce!!!!!!!!

C
Cohosanders
:shock:prehistoric looking fish;)...........:cool:Damm that looks fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Great job guys:clap:

H
Hawk
Those are Reel Beauties Bro's.
Sturgeon are Awesome...

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

jamisonace
jamisonace
We were on the water just down from Bonneville dam. No keepers but we did get three over 8' and a bunch of shakers. The biggest was just shy of 10' and one of the 8 footers breached completely out of the water just after getting hooked and then again 1/2 way out just behind the boat. Good times

S
Snagger
Nice sturgeons

T
Throbbit _Shane
Looks like yall had a blast!!! :D that green one is a beauty.

N
nwkiller
thanks guys, i had never seen a green one either, infact does anyone know how indangered they are? what there numbers are, just wondering what my odds were. what a day though!

A
autofisher
Nice fish brother man! Looks like a great day on the water. The green one looks amazing!

T
The Nothing
Nicely done!
I was thinking of going out there next week and actually planned on fishing the same area you caught the greenie.

N
nwkiller
Thanks AF, NOTHING, you should i heard its only gonna get hotter, a lot of fish were holding right near the boat ramp by the bridge