Astoria Salmon?

G

GringoDan

Just wondering how ocean fishing this salmon run out of Astoria has been. Booked a charter for my dad and I and my brother in law for next week, and am hoping we might get into some fish!

I'm new to the site, so if there are any standard threads where daily reports are posted, can someone point me in that direction??

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Keep checking

Keep checking

Gringo Dan;
I haven't seen any reports out of Astoria lately. That doesn't mean there aren't loads of fish being caught. Keep checking back for a response. Sometimes the evenings are the best time to catch the right fisher folk. You can also enter "Astoria" in the search box at the top of the page. Be sure to include the quotation marks.
Don't forget to come back and post a report after your trip. Good luck and don't forget your pfd!
Be safe.
Barb

O

osmosis

There are lots of coho being caught in the ocean at the mouth of the columbia but not so much upriver. If your charter launches at astoria and takes you down to J2 you guys should be up to your eyeballs in coho all day.

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Just wondering how ocean fishing this salmon run out of Astoria has been. Booked a charter for my dad and I and my brother in law for next week, and am hoping we might get into some fish!

I'm new to the site, so if there are any standard threads where daily reports are posted, can someone point me in that direction??

Here is a site that will give you an idea on how the fishing is going. It's the site that give the catch numbers relative to the quota of fish allowed to be caught. So far 1600 of the 88200 coho quota have been caught. It breaks down by port and type of fish. Good luck out there and keep an eye on the weather reports.

Fish Division: Ocean Salmon Management - Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

Last edited:
G

GringoDan

Thanks for posting, guys and gals! We are fishing on Tiki Charters, and I'm pretty sure it's an ocean trip. To be honest, we're just psyched to go Salmon fishing, regardless. I live out on the East Coast, so the only Salmon fishing we have access to are land locked in the Great Lakes, the closest of which is 7 hours from where we live. Tight lines to you all! :)

K

Kodiak

Banned User
No fish in the Ocean at near record levels. Haven't talked to anyone slaying silvers up and down the coast. Nope none. OR>>I could be lying. Either way you'll have a great time...those guy's really know whats up! Welcome to OFF!

Top Bottom