Asking for help!

F
flyguy
....So I've been working on developing a small line of fly rods and reels and I'm having a hard time coming up with a good name for my new line. We've been taking suggestions and no single name is really standing out at this point.

We don't have a date set for launching the new line...it could be months down the road, but I thought it would be fun to ask you guys (and gals) to help us come up with a good name.

If anyone out there thinks they can come up with a creative name for our new line of rods and reels please post it here! If we decide to go with your name, we'll give you a free rod and reel combo!

Don't have specs to share on the rods and reels at this time...mostly because we want to come up with a catchy name before moving forward.

I've posted a picture of one of the earliest names we were contemplating for the new line of products...

I look forward to hearing your ideas! Please send them all (both funny and serious).

Moderators: Please let me know if this is not appropriate and I will remove it.

Cheers,
Philip

trout slapper.jpg

brandon4455
brandon4455
well, your based out of umatilla correct? you could go with umatilla rod co. or umatilla outfitters

brandon4455
brandon4455
OR high desert fly rods

F
flyguy
Thanks, I like em both

Gunga
Gunga
How Bout extra trouty?

brandon4455
brandon4455
okay, im gunna think of a few and ill post them in the morning. i have a few good ideas

S
steelhead1
Rivertooth fly rods?

S
Sinkline
Why don't you tie the rod name to your store name, "Stream Flies"? Call them, "Stream Flies". Then you can branch off per style of rod like "Stream Flies River", "Stream Flies Stillwater", "Stream Flies Saltwater", "Stream Flies Bass" etc. etc.

I would not tie the main name to a specific fish type, or water type like, "trout" anything, or "river"/"stream" anything. If you want to build species specific rods later on then it doesn't really work. In other words, if your rod name is "Trout Slapper" then how do you build a bass or saltwater rod and sell it under a brand name tied to "trout".

Randy

troutdude
troutdude
X 2! From a marketing/advertising/public relations perspective, that is very wise advice (or may I say "sage" advice...lol).

However the name "Stream Flies" still suggests the connotation, that your product line(s) would be directly attributable to "stream" fishing. That could still be somewhat limiting in your overall business plan and development strategy.

But, Randy is definitely on the right track with this train of thought! Developing a "base" name and branching from there, is a very good idea. Fenwick, Lamiglas and other brands have used this same strategy with great affect over time. So have other successful companies in other industries.

Last edited:
E
eggs
Eagle Cap Rod Co.

Then name different series of rods after local lakes and streams..

brandon4455
brandon4455
redside rod co. or..just to give nyou msoe ideas think of different fly styles or names. there are a olot of cool name that might stick ;)

V
Van
Blue Mountain Fly Rods?
Columbia Fly Rods?
Cascade Fly Rod Company?
Grande Ronde Fly Rods

F
flyguy
a little more clarification

a little more clarification

Thanks for all the great ideas. You guys are giving me a lot to think about.

I wanted to clarify that I'm not looking for a name for the company, rather a name for a line of rods or a line of reels by Stream Flies.

For example : The "Grande Ronde" by Stream Flies, or the "Xtra Trouty" by Stream Flies....

I'm loving the suggestions so far! Thanks for the help.

M
Modest_Man
Aquaholics.

I'm not one for serious names.

F
flyguy
:D
I actually really like it.

M
Modest_Man
Aquaholic Rods and Reels - Fueling The Addiction.

S
Sinkline
Okay, here ya go. Think about models specific (length, handle, line weight, etc) to application.

"Tailwater", by Stream Flies. River/Stream applications.

"Stillwater", by Stream Flies. Stillwater applications.

"Saltwater", by Stream Flies. Saltwater applications.

Randy

M
mlw
Uma Fly Rods

Michael

F
flyguy
....all great ideas:think:

T
Troutier Bassier
George Permiakov fly rods.

Just kidding... How about 'the gnat wand."