ARGH! Where to go?!

F
FishSchooler
I want to go trout fishing (hagg) and try out a new rig/get into some easier feesh seeing what other people have pulled out.
I also want to go steelhead fishing seeing that Osmo and AA make it look too easy. I also have a new strat to try. If you think you have ran through the whole drift, just go to the next good stretch.

What to do/where to go? I want to go to the clack near riverside. Choosing is so frustrating! :rolleyes::cool:

O
osmosis
Riverside is a decent place to start. Methodically pick that stretch of river apart cast by cast until you know where every rock is.

F
FishSchooler
osmosis said:
Riverside is a decent place to start. Methodically pick that stretch of river apart cast by cast until you know where every rock is.

Well of course you would choose steelhead fishing. ;)
If I snag, I'll know if there is a big obstruction.:D
I dont have access to decent bait though. I got some mushy ray's bait works eggs. I could salt/sugar cure some frozen shrimp. And I have some worms, and yarn, and spinners. None of those killer coons though.

F
FishFinger
FS... You'll need to keep a eye on the river levels.

The Clack on Sunday is forcast to be 14.5 and climbing to about 16.5 by the 6th. Riverside is probably a good choice. However the Blair witch run is going to unfishable with water that high. You might have luck from the bollards to points west, including the drift along the parking lot west of the launch ramp.

Since your a worm farmer, you might try considering a juicy nightcralwler with a dab of yarn in the egg loop. You could even tie a 2" stinger rig, yarn the top loop and a corkie in between for buoyancy. (like the coon shrimp rig minus the coon shrimp, instead add a worm)

Keep pushing the envelope you might just discover the next killer set up...:think:

F
FishSchooler
I thought rising water is supposed to turn fish off...

A
ArcticAmoeba
No, water on the rise just means they will start to find places of comfort. Like close up to trees hanging on the bank. Generally speaking you would fish closer to the bank as the water rises, and clarity goes down. Night crawlers after a good rain is a proven killer. And Osmosis would much rather choose to target Salmon. That is one sure thing I know...;) That is where he really shines among the rest.

F
FishSchooler
ArcticAmoeba said:
No, water on the rise just means they will start to find places of comfort. Like close up to trees hanging on the bank. Generally speaking you would fish closer to the bank as the water rises, and clarity goes down. Night crawlers after a good rain is a proven killer. And Osmosis would much rather choose to target Salmon. That is one sure thing I know...;) That is where he really shines among the rest.

I still havent decided...:rolleyes:;)

Rapidly catching tons of trout would be more fun than 1 steelhead, but 1 steelhead would be a better experience/triumph.

Y
youngbuck307
I would rather catch that 1 steelhead!!!!! still after my first one... and wont stop till i get one. Man tomorrow im going to get a lil wet i think. lol

H
Hawk
FishSchooler said:
I still havent decided...:rolleyes:;)

Rapidly catching tons of trout would be more fun than 1 steelhead, but 1 steelhead would be a better experience/triumph.

Brother FishSchooler, don't you fish in Lake Oswego ??
I heard thar is some good fishin' in there.................:D

Best of Luck fishin' Bro.........

F
FishSchooler
Hawk said:
Brother FishSchooler, don't you fish in Lake Oswego ??
I heard thar is some good fishin' in there.................:D

Best of Luck fishin' Bro.........

There are some big 'un lunker bass in there.........................but all the land serounded it is private.................................:rolleyes::rolleyes:.............no place to fish ferm unlees yer want to get shouted at...................:rolleyes::lol:......

Looks like I'll be heading to hagg lake tomorrow... :whistle:
Atleast it is fishing still.