Are sealions dangereous to people?? No!!! Check it out!!

D
Drew9870
If you can't kill 'em......

Feed 'em a K5 Kwikfish......

I'd laugh if a Sea Lion chomped onto a Salmon of mine with a K5 securely hooked with the back hook, burn the line, give him some body floss and something to choke on. :lol:

Really bugs me that they are stamped and obviously being ''managed''.

troutdude
troutdude
Wow! That's crazy!!! I'm glad that the fisherman is okay. And he can't be a half bad guy...with a dog named Loomis! :lol::lol::lol:

S
slabjig
I had a co-worker who was bitten by a sea lion while walking along a dock at the south beach marina in Newport....There was a tuna boat in and it must have been attracting the sea lions (probably thought it was more of the Under Sea gardens feeding crew). Jumped right up on the dock and bit him on the leg....and that sucker got infected and took a LONG time to heal.

brandon4455
brandon4455
jay posted this on facebook..it pissed me off! like i said on facebook..338 mag that should take care of it

W
waco
ODFW have to do something about it those sealions are getting everywhere!!! I was fishing the lower Clackamas sometime last week and a guy who lives next to the river said he saw two sea lions there!!! IDK if is true but!! SEALIONS IN THE CLACKAMAS!!!! :shock: :shock:

N
NoobTooner
yep.. the males really can get aggressive too. had 1 grab me by the fin. ripped the damned thing right OFF! tell u what... that was one hell of a swim back in with only 1 fin left and that fat sucker buzzin me half way in. wooh. gets my heart rate up just thinkn back on it.

C
ChezJfrey
waco said:
ODFW have to do something about it those sealions are getting everywhere!!! I was fishing the lower Clackamas sometime last week and a guy who lives next to the river said he saw two sea lions there!!! IDK if is true but!! SEALIONS IN THE CLACKAMAS!!!! :shock: :shock:

I spoke with someone that told me the same thing; saw one in the lower Clackamas.

B
Born2Fish55
Last Fall, we were fishing Big Creek by Knappa on the Columbia... about 1 mile or so upstream... and there was a big Sealion in one of the pools. We wandered upstream further instead of dealing with him.
Half hour later we heard the report of two rounds from a shotgun. When we finally came back on the hole where he was at, we found one very dead Sealion and a whole lot of blood. In the parking area, we saw a County Police Officer and told him about it, to which he smiled and said he knew about it with a smile.:think:

G
GoldFishSlayer
the kwik fish thing in a sea lion isn't all its cracked up to be can you say spooled??? saw it happen once....see I don't have problem with sea lions but when they become river lions and Californian ones at that I kinda get irritated the ya see pictures of them fat fuzzys gnawing and sturgen and salmon on the front page of the paper arghhhh... I only have one question and one question alone where do you draw the line between endangered species??? one trying to live and make it through a gauntlet to get home while another is way far away from its home mowing them down... something is not quite right here...I do not get it I guess the EXPERTS have their reasons as to why a seal lion should be a hundred miles upstream in freshwater killing fish

T
the_intimidator03
I do not believe they are endangered, it just falls under the marine mammal protection act (which i think protects more endangered marine mammals, such as whales and dolphins) but dang nabbit... enough is enough. When a saltwater marine mammal such as sea lion lives in fresh water... we have an issue. I kind of see it as invasive species persay. they arnt really native to our fresh water ecosystems.

G
GoldFishSlayer
yea endangered maybe I should have said protected oh well ya get the point invasive species is exactly what I feel

N
NoobTooner
invasive... that's a funny term.
yknow i heard about this species that is actually a land mamal that builds these crazy contraptions to get out on/into the water and has attacked just about every species on the planet.
invasive species...
bah!
i wonder if they'd be there if WE werent?

G
GDBrown
They are not invasive species they are RIVER MONSTERS!

N
NoobTooner
:lol:Aaahahah! Get that guy back out here to catch one of those!!!
WAY TO BRING THE THREADS TOGETHER

G
GoldFishSlayer
okay maybe yea we are as fisherman invasive species but when your the number one predator on the planet things just sorta happen that way and its only human nature as e predator we dont like things messing with our prey especially when there is not much we can do about it

H
halibuthitman
Born2Fish55 said:
Last Fall, we were fishing Big Creek by Knappa on the Columbia... about 1 mile or so upstream... and there was a big Sealion in one of the pools. We wandered upstream further instead of dealing with him.
Half hour later we heard the report of two rounds from a shotgun. When we finally came back on the hole where he was at, we found one very dead Sealion and a whole lot of blood. In the parking area, we saw a County Police Officer and told him about it, to which he smiled and said he knew about it with a smile.:think:

he he he.... winning!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I'll tell you when I'm out in the bay on my pontoon, those damn things make me nervous...