Archey fishing

bassmaster2
so im new to the Archery fishing i want to get out and do it anybody have tips?
 
Markcanby
Dont shoot any Steelheads!
 
capblack
bassmaster2 said:
so im new to the Archery fishing i want to get out and do it anybody have tips?

buy a bow, put a reel on it, and shoot some carp?
 
Moe
wait till they start spawning, go to a slogh on the willy / columbia where you can see huge schools of them, and shoot.
 
OutdoorsTeen
Aim low when you shoot because of the way water refracts the light.
 
Markcanby
Ok that is probably a better tip than mine. Oh an its very true I did alittle bow fishing back in the day an were talking like 3'' to 4'' low depending on how deep the fish is.
 
bassmaster2
capblack said:
buy a bow, put a reel on it, and shoot some carp?

wow smart@$$
 
  • Like
Reactions: capblack
bassmaster2
Markcanby said:
Ok that is probably a better tip than mine. Oh an its very true I did alittle bow fishing back in the day an were talking like 3'' to 4'' low depending on how deep the fish is.

thanx for the tip when is spawning season
 
colbypearson
i dont think i have ever caught an archey... :lol:
 
capblack
bassmaster2 said:
wow smart@$$

your not the first to call me that, and you probably wont be the last. theres not a lot of tips one can give on archery fishing. you find some carp and shoot at them. i guess the only advice is, practice!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: OutdoorsTeen
bassmaster2
capblack said:
your not the first to call me that, and you probably wont be the last. theres not a lot of tips one can give on archery fishing. you find some carp and shoot at them. i guess the only advice is, practice!!

What did i call you?
 
capblack
bassmaster2 said:
What did i call you?

" smart at, dollar sign, dollar sign " whatever that means
 
Troutier Bassier
At Chinook landing the little slough there gets filled to the brim with carp in about 2 months. :) But I'm not sure if its legal to shoot there...
But I'm pretty sure it would be legal to shoot the carp at Rooster Rock. It gets filled up with them at the little pipe that goes into the columbia from the lake there.
Good luck!
 
bassmaster2
Troutier Bassier said:
At Chinook landing the little slough there gets filled to the brim with carp in about 2 months. :) But I'm not sure if its legal to shoot there...
But I'm pretty sure it would be legal to shoot the carp at Rooster Rock. It gets filled up with them at the little pipe that goes into the columbia from the lake there.
Good luck!
Wow that really helps
 
todd_brooks
What does one do with a shot carp?
 
capblack
i would use it to fertilize the weeds on the side of the river/pond/lake, that said bowfisher person was fishing..er. shooting from.
 
capblack
colbypearson said:
i dont think i have ever caught an archey... :lol:

there not as abundant in southern oregon Colby, youll have to head up here if you want to target them
 
john montana
Even as a notorious carp guy, I have no problem with guys that shoot carp with bows as long as they follow two simple items.

One, don't toss dead fish on the bank or in the water. It really sucks to walk up on a stack of bow killed carp with flies buzzing around when out for a day on the water. Take the fish with you to eat (a lot of people eat carp) or use as fertilizer or something but don't leave em around to make other people's day less pleasant.

Two, don't call it fishing. It isn't.

That said, carp are invasive and the population isn't going to suffer from some arrows.
 
  • Like
Reactions: halibuthitman and Markcanby
capblack
the only way i would take them with me is if there was a bounty. otherwise there goin in the bushes. i have thrown plenty in the bushes, and ive never stumbled upon a pile of dead fish with flies all around them. maybe i dont fish in the carp areas like you do
 
Top Bottom