Archey fishing

B

bassmaster2

so im new to the Archery fishing i want to get out and do it anybody have tips?

M

Markcanby

Dont shoot any Steelheads!

M

Moe

wait till they start spawning, go to a slogh on the willy / columbia where you can see huge schools of them, and shoot.

M

Markcanby

Ok that is probably a better tip than mine. Oh an its very true I did alittle bow fishing back in the day an were talking like 3'' to 4'' low depending on how deep the fish is.

B

bassmaster2

Ok that is probably a better tip than mine. Oh an its very true I did alittle bow fishing back in the day an were talking like 3'' to 4'' low depending on how deep the fish is.

thanx for the tip when is spawning season

C

colbypearson

i dont think i have ever caught an archey... :lol:

B

bassmaster2

your not the first to call me that, and you probably wont be the last. theres not a lot of tips one can give on archery fishing. you find some carp and shoot at them. i guess the only advice is, practice!!

What did i call you?

T

Troutier Bassier

At Chinook landing the little slough there gets filled to the brim with carp in about 2 months. :) But I'm not sure if its legal to shoot there...
But I'm pretty sure it would be legal to shoot the carp at Rooster Rock. It gets filled up with them at the little pipe that goes into the columbia from the lake there.
Good luck!

B

bassmaster2

At Chinook landing the little slough there gets filled to the brim with carp in about 2 months. :) But I'm not sure if its legal to shoot there...
But I'm pretty sure it would be legal to shoot the carp at Rooster Rock. It gets filled up with them at the little pipe that goes into the columbia from the lake there.
Good luck!
Wow that really helps

C

capblack

i would use it to fertilize the weeds on the side of the river/pond/lake, that said bowfisher person was fishing..er. shooting from.

J

john montana

Even as a notorious carp guy, I have no problem with guys that shoot carp with bows as long as they follow two simple items.

One, don't toss dead fish on the bank or in the water. It really sucks to walk up on a stack of bow killed carp with flies buzzing around when out for a day on the water. Take the fish with you to eat (a lot of people eat carp) or use as fertilizer or something but don't leave em around to make other people's day less pleasant.

Two, don't call it fishing. It isn't.

That said, carp are invasive and the population isn't going to suffer from some arrows.

C

capblack

the only way i would take them with me is if there was a bounty. otherwise there goin in the bushes. i have thrown plenty in the bushes, and ive never stumbled upon a pile of dead fish with flies all around them. maybe i dont fish in the carp areas like you do