archery

H

Hawk

som folks refer to me as robin the wood, but som call me griz.

har.har.har
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

jus don't be late callin' me fer dinner...

F

fishtales

Have ya tried Big 5, Bi Mart, Wallmart or that pawn shop by Arctic Circle?

O

Outdoor_Myers

thanks guys yeah some guy at bimart told me about one in the hills but my adhd it went in one ear and out the other lol

C

capblack

Ive never been a fan of the archery shops. Go to a sporting goods store like wholesale sports. Same stuff, at a fraction of the price. And the one in Salem has people in the archery department that know what there talking about. Dicks also has some good deals on new bows, but not quite the selection of accessories that wholesale sports has. Im not sure about Mac though. good luck, Brian

B

bd2cool

Hello Outdoor_Myers,

I will be glad to help you to get started with archery.

As far as hunting laws in Oregon you will need a 40 lb pull bow for deer and bear,50 lb for elk.

If you have not shot a bow before I don't recommend starting with a 40 or 50 lb.
A heavy bow can lead to bad form habits which can be very hard to break later.
Please keep in mind that I shoot Recurve, Longbows but the basic information should be the same with the compound bows.

Don't worry about being left or right handed but if your are left or right eye dominance.
See my web page for more information on eye dominance and shooting tips.

I would recommend picking up a cheap take down bow with about 30-35 lb pull, working with that bow until you are ready to move up in weight and then buying different limbs for the riser.
New limbs are cheaper then buying a new bow each time. Beside if you can into rchery yu can always buy a custom bow-mine cost $900 and if you don't you not out that much money,

If you ever get down to Springfield I got bows from 20 lb to 60lb you can try out.
Long bows, both America flat and English, Recurves and Semi- Recurve.
Trying out bows before you buy is best.

There a ton of information on archery at my web site- Bob's Archery
Making your own bow is a blast!! Here the site that got me started; Sam's page
I had $8 into my first bow-gave it to my son and it is still shooting 4 years later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom