Aquatic species prevention fee

M
Modest_Man
So, I just got a 12 cataraft, and do the good thing of buying my Aquatic species fee thing for $7.00. It tells me to print it off, which I try to do but my computer and printer get in a fight and it won't print. I restart my computer, and loose the page I was supposed to print.

How the hell am I supposed to print this off now? And why would I want to print off an aquatic species permit that I'll have to keep on my cataraft or person on the water, on 8.5" X 11" piece of paper that is bound to get wet and disintegrate?

Stupid.

S
Santiam338
I bought mine at Bi-Mart..Printed it off right along with my fishing license and steelhead tag...Your permit goes in your wallet...Not on your boat..

Works for me..

C
capblack
i have a water proof wallet in my boat for my registration and stuff. maybe that will work. got to a licensing agent and have them print one off for you

M
Modest_Man
Well if I'm in the cataraft and the permit is in my wallet...odds are it will get exposed to water at some time.

I got a fast reply from ODFW though.

"Unfortunately, you will have to purchase another permit, and let us know when that has occurred.
I will then forward the information to our Licensing Manager, and she will review this for re-imbursement.

Again, sorry for the problem!"

C
capblack
water proof wallet. i also have two water proof clear plastic boxes with carabiners that i put my wallet, cell phone, and stuff that can't get wet. one of those would be perfect on your new craft. btw, do you have any pics of your new boat? Brian

M
Modest_Man
I'll get some tomorrow. Didn't have time today to assemble it. I plan on "waterproof" dry bags and whatnot but I can never be 100% sure...I've always assumed anything I take near water will end up in it sometime.

N
Noahk
Congrats man on the cataraft!

G
GDBrown
Modest_Man said:
I'll get some tomorrow. Didn't have time today to assemble it. I plan on "waterproof" dry bags and whatnot but I can never be 100% sure...I've always assumed anything I take near water will end up in it sometime.

I picked up one of those ammo cans at Bi-Mart. They're really a new plastic ammo can with a very good seal and they are easy to strap to the Cataraft. I keep all my paperwork and emergency supplies in one can and some extra food in another one. Then If you really want to double it up put the paperwork in a gallon Zip Lock freezer bag inside the ammo can.

M
Modest_Man
That sounds like a good idea.

Back on topic though, I had to purchase a second one but ODFW refunded my first. So we're square.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I double bag important stuff that I don't want to get wet in ziplock bags. Has always worked well. You could go another layer and get a waterproof bag or box. Double bagging should do the trick.

R
RunWithSasquatch
When we raft, we use the real ammo cans from an army surplus store as dry storage, and it works great. Week long trips in Oregon/Idaho, always stick my keys, wallet aquatic species permit, etc, medkit, whatever. Always dry.

The orange ones at bimart leak, even just in a driftboat...

Im not sure why ODFW offers for someone to buy that online? and not mail you the permit?