Apr 25 - Fall Creek & Little Fall Creek

S
SmallStreams
Decided for trout opening day to revisit Little Fall Creek and Fall Creek below the resevoir. Friend and I only bagged 3 smaller cutthroat (9.5-10"). They struck hard, but the spinner had to be in the right place, so I suspect the water is just a tad cold still.

Good water depth in Little Fall Creek (knee-deep if you tried wading a shallow area). Fishing below the Weyerhauser gate only produced one fish, so we moved to Fall Creek. Signs of recent bait fishing, otherwise we were the only ones fishing on Sunday.

At the park near the Fall Creek nursery, we saw an osprey start and then abort a dive. There were a few undersized cutthroat in that hole.

It was kind of funny to see Fall Creek running with less water than it did in August. Amazing what they can do with a dam :lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
Pretty water you fished. I love it up in that area. yeah the CORPS are really trying to fill the lakes this year. I know they have been worried about it.

Troutski
Troutski
Little/Big Fall Creeks

Little/Big Fall Creeks

My stomping grounds, love that watershed. During hunting season you can drive back past the gate on weekends. Great post...!!! Wonderful Steelhead and Salmon catchery. I use 6# main line and 4# leader, on those creeks it is quite the battle.:clap:
You never know what you are in for.......:dance:

Chuck

T
troutjunkie88
Anyone been fishing fall creek up past the reservoir? I fished it in the fall and caught a couple nice cutts, been meaning to check it out

Troutski
Troutski
Dark Chocolate...

Dark Chocolate...

Chocolate Milk....dark chocolate....running high

Chuck

T
troutjunkie88
gotcha...how far up do those pellet heads run?