Applegate River 3-31

J
JTLunker
River was low on the last day of Steelhead season. Water was clear and 47 F. Fished all the holes from the deadline down to Cantrell. No Steelies, but I managed to land a nice fin clipped Trout on a pink worm, that fought like a steelie. 16 inches and about a pound. Did not see any other fish caught.

E
eugene1
The pink worm strikes again.

Nice fish,

F
fishing_mission
My buddy got one out of Cantrell on a blue fox. it definitely seemed not many fish were around

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Still a nice trout! Gotta love catching them that size and bigger out of the rivers

M
mikeee2362
Nice! Gotta love the pink worm!!

E
eat, sleep, fish
It looks like one of the little steelhead that have been very plentiful in the Rogue this year. There has been a lot of 18 inch clipped steelhead around. If they're bright, and you don't mind tagging one that small, I've heard they have good meat in them.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Yeah I don't know what the regulation on the Applegate is but on the Siletz a 16+ inch trout counts as a steelhead if the angler chooses to keep it. But I understand if you'd release that guy.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Looks like you are fishing the covered bridge hole. :D The fish were holding in fast water a lot this winter.