Applegate reservoir stocking!!!!!

A
Ariel&Jared12
HEY EVERYONE HOW HAS YOUR FISHING BEEN THIS WEEKEND? ANYWAYS I HAVE A QUESTION... I LOOKED UP THE TROUT STOCKING SCHEDUAL AND ALL I CAN FIND IS WHAT DAY THEY STOCK NOT WHAT TIME THEY STOCK THEM, THEY ARE STOCKING APPLETGATE TOMORROW AND I WAS HOPING MAYBE SOMEONE KNEW WHAT TIME THEY STOCK IT, ANY INFO WOULD BE AWESOME, THANKS EVERYONE AND WE HOPE U ALL CAUGHT SOME BIGGINS THIS WEEKEND. :( WE didn't GO DUE TO ALL THE RAIN BUT TOMORROW ITS CLEARING UP SO ARE PLAN IS TO HIT UP APPLEGATE!!!! :clap:

T
Throbbit _Shane
There's tons of trout in that lake. I wouldnt worry about what time they stock it. Unless your interested in watching them dump them in.

A
Ariel&Jared12
really? is it good fishing right now? we would be bank fishing so where would be a good spot to go, dam? boat ramp? those are two of the good spots iv seen from doing research all day today lol. ya it would be cool to see how they do it since we have never seen it done but most of all we just want to catch some big fish haha

T
Throbbit _Shane
If the lake is full id fish off the dam by the spill away. me and my friends used to do well there. U can catch your limit of trout there pretty much all year. The only hard times would be in the middle of the summer when the lake is at its warmest. My other favorite spot to fish if the lake is full is all the way in the back. Sorta by the trees that are submerged in the water, pass carberry creek. If you need any more tips let me know. I used to go up there all the time and bank fish.

R
rainbowfisherman
Also, the date posted on the website isn't the exact date of the stocking. It will get stocked anytime during the week. Usually later in the week. Good luck to you.

A
Ariel&Jared12
ok we will for sure try those spots, thanks shane, when we get back we will have some updates of our day for ya. @rainbow fisherman- thats weird cause u would think the date they put would be the day that they actually stock it since it says april 18th and not like april 18th-like the 25th it will be stocked, but its all good since shane mentioned fish being in the lake already

C
colbypearson
i used to always tie up to the tower and trout fish off that that lake is so loaded with trout and kokanee its probubly in my opinion the best trout fishery in southern oregon, NO JET SKI'S AND SKI BOATS TOO!!!!!!

T
Throbbit _Shane
colbypearson said:
i used to always tie up to the tower and trout fish off that that lake is so loaded with trout and kokanee its probubly in my opinion the best trout fishery in southern oregon, NO JET SKI'S AND SKI BOATS TOO!!!!!!

Colby aint lying. There was a time id only goto Applegate lake because id catch the S out the trout lol. Worms under a bobber would work best for me. But anything will and can catch them haha :D

C
colbypearson
Throbbit _Shane said:
Colby aint lying. There was a time id only goto Applegate lake because id catch the S out the trout lol. Worms under a bobber would work best for me. But anything will and can catch them haha :D

5 minute limits more often than not its ridiculous if you get on them there is some big ones in there to, how to get them i dont know i dont trout fish much but they are there.

A
Ariel&Jared12
ya the last time we were there was in 2010 and the lake was like 20% full and it was not easy to fish and we got flat out skunked lol so this time the lake it 71% full so we should have a good time :)

troutdude
troutdude
The date listed on the stocking schedule, indicates that body of water will be stocked sometime that week. It could be Monday--and once in a while Tuesday. But typically, it is stocked Wednesday - Friday. It is just how it is, and this is described in the stocking information if you look for it.

ODFW and the hatcheries involved also do NOT guarantee a planting. It depends on many variables (bad weather is one).

So, if you want to be SURE that it is stocked BEFORE you venture out, call this number:

971-673-6000.

Press 2, to hear the schedule for that week.

Press 2 a second time, to hear all confirmed stockings. (WORD: sometimes the confirmations don't get updated immediately, so you can always press 0 and ask the receptionist).

Good luck,

TD

A
Ariel&Jared12
I just saw that lol thanks, that number will come in handy for sure so thanks for that. stoked or not were still gonna give it a shot cause it seems to be good fishing there right now :)

E
eat, sleep, fish
It was stocked with 565 2-3lb trout back in mid-February so there's some nice sized ones in there as well.

Good Luck