Apparently tidal fluctuations aren't caused by the moon but by Ifsh!

G

GraphiteZen

Unbelievable. This was a nice little exchange. By all means let me know if I was out of line.

------

I land a native on the Siletz and post this:

*Yes I post on Ifish, sometimes it is just too much fun. ;););)*

I get a PM mere minutes later:

Subject: why post?

Content: why? no offence, but why? keep it under your hat please...
I reply:

Why PM me? I have no idea what you're talking about.
Response:

Just an FYI on the Siletz report.... Mum is the word.... All the coast rivers are fishing welll.... No need to let the entire board please... Esp before the weekend! Don't take it the wrong way, just take the advice!
I send back:

Wow. Do you honestly think that my one post is going to blow the lid off this supposed secret that is the entire coastal system?!?! I highly doubt that my little post is going to be the defining factor in a person's decision to fish this weekend.. It's Valentines Day tomorrow dude I doubt anyone who's married is going to be on the water.

If you think the rivers are fishing well now, just wait until it rains for an entire week starting Sunday... When you head down to the put in and find 40 trailers in your way because of this, don't think of me.
He replies:

You know... Don't take my advice.. Be a jerk about it. I have a drift boat and a pontoon boat, have drifted the Siletz from Elk creek all the way to Cedar Cr in a pontoon and know it very very well.

Reports matter... Ppl who are sitting at home bsing on Ifish need any excuse they can find to go fish any of the coastal rivers.

I am weel aware of the effect that rising water levels have on pressure. The whole reason that fishin for me is so lucrative under low water conditions is that I can see the fish many times and the crowds are all doin other stuff...
I'm a little annoyed by this point. Anyone who really knows me is aware that I am very annoyed by people who not only guard each and every little piece of info like it's some sort of long lost holy secret, but are actually offended or (holy cow!) threatened by people who enjoy sharing that info...

So anyhow I reply:

I'm not trying to be a jerk, you took care of that with your first post.

I'm sorry you feel this way about the rivers. Personally, I could care less. The rivers are there to be enjoyed, not guarded like some dark secret. Don't you realize that with all the mags, websites, tackle shops with river reports on the wall, contact networks etc, that your attempts, and the attempts of your own network to keep the river clear of boats is a futile attempt, and a miserably arrogant one at that?

Not to be abrasive but I just don't understand the mentality. But that's just me not understanding.

Lighten up a bit man, it's only your life.
And he sends this:

You really are an ignorant fool if you think that posts on ifish do not affect pressures on the rivers... It is not that there are not already networks in place, a strong grapevine if you will, I certainly have my own...... But, how I share this info and how many other choose to share this info is very important...

I used to share reports quite regularly, this appear far before you join date.... So your tone and ignorance will be forgiven... I choose not to heed my advise then all of us that fish the same rivers you choose to post current reports on, esp the Siletz and Alsea....

Back in 2003-04 was the last winter I spent in Oregon, the best steelhead year I have ever had, and I posted many, many times. My pictures where carefully choosen and for three months ppl where completely confused until one day someone figured out my truck... Then ppl reported regularly where I was fishing... This had a serious negative impact on the placed I fished....

I am not alone on the way I feel and I have a quite a Ifish network of very experienced fisherman and guides and we keep much of the "real" info swept under the rug and only post after the season or favorable conditions we enjoy have past.....

Now, you should relize that Ifish has been around far longer then you short little period or participation and choose your words to some of it's senior member much more carefully.
And I await his reply to this:

Why don't you chill out and take the time to form a coherent paragraph or sentence. Hell, even readable word would be nice! Half your PM is gibberish.

I choose not to heed my advise then all of us that fish the same rivers you choose to post current reports on, esp the Siletz and Alsea....
What?!?

I don't give a rats a** about your experience, your network, your history on Ifish, or your "advise".

By the way, the Siletz report was the first report I have posted about steelheading on any river. And quite a a report it was:

"Woot".

If you're correct in your claim that all the decent fishermen in Oregon keep all the current info under wraps, then the remaining anglers I would assume don't know their a** from a hole in their waders and probably can't even tie a decent knot. A bad knot would be a knot very unlike the one in your head which is intricate and pulled tight, seemingly so tight it's cutting off all the blood flow to your brain.

So go tell your buddies the dude that drives the red 2WD Tacoma with the blue outcast in the back is to SABOTAGED AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY!!

Now, you should realize that Ifish has been around far longer then you short little period or participation and choose your words to some of it's senior member much more carefully.
Your not a senior anything, you're a "Sturgeon". So go suck something rotten off the bottom of a river and blow it into your bait box.

Happy Valentines Day.
Unbelievable... Just imagine what this fabled group of Ifishers could accomplish if, instead of doing what seems to be EVERYTHING they can to keep as many people as possible ignorant of the current river info , they went into fighting crime! :shock:

Last edited:
M

meluvtrout

Hilarious! A classical time piece! Thanks for sharing...

M

meluvtrout

Choose your words carefully to a Sr member or "Ama slup u in da faice" muhahhahaha Some of those guys think they own the whole freakin' river, I tell ya!

C

Catch 22

So you go on a site with 21,539 members and post the location of your success and ONE person sends a crappy PM. I'm not surprised. You were?

That's the beauty of a small group. The ability to share information.

When I joined Ifish I was the 162nd member. It was a small group like this. It was cool. It's still the best resource for fishing info in Oregon/SW Washington. It's just not the same as here. Both have thier attributes. Both serve a good purpose.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have posted your success. I'm saying that one out of 21,539 people took offense and your here posting about it. Just seems wierd that you found that so hard to believe.

In the end I do what I want to do there and tell anyone that has a problem to go screw themselves. But oddly enough I never really get many PMs like that. But I usually fish the Clack not smaller coastal streams.

Good luck and have fun. Don't take this to heart man. You can't take any of this too seriously. It's just fishing and it's supposed too be fun.

F

Fishtopher

Cool post Zen! Almost like a fishing reality show...Catch; I really doubt he found it hard to believe...:lol:...just like I really doubt 1 in 21,539 had a problem with him dropping the river name where he caught fish.:lol:

PS...was that an "Arnold" Ali? Sure "sounded" like it!:lol::clap:

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Sturgoen

Sturgoen

Your stourgen comment was frigin funny. Now if we could just figure out what rig the moron drives we can follow him mercilisly up and down the coast and journaling on IFish every hole he fishes, the colors he was throwing, and every mistake he made. Or we can assume he is a lot of talk like most self important people are.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Don't worry,be happy

Don't worry,be happy

Hmmm,me thinks his tidy whitey's are a tad too tight. He must be fairly unhappy with his life to be so anal retentive about sharing what the Lord GAVE all of us. It sounds like he has moved out of Oregon anyway, said 2003-04 was the last winter he had spent here. That makes it all the more difficult to understand his angst.
I had no idea iFish was that huge! No, I have never been curious enough to check it out and don't plan to do so. I have to say I agree with Catch 22 on the point of only receiving a PM from the one member. If he is the only one you upset,no biggy. I would hate to condemn the entire forum for one fearful member's tantrum. It sounds to me as though we have quite a few members here that either were or still are members at iFish. I would like to think that people are utilizing both forums to garner useful information to make their fishing experience a better, happier one. I am sure nobody here goes there just to stir a pot of poo up for the fun of it. Antagonizing is how bullying begins and arrogance is bred from ignorance. It is not for me to judge the other forum, nor any member here,I would just not go there if they upset me as much as they do some of our members. Stay here and have fun Sharing & Caring! I will defend to the death our members right to post as much information as possible. Be safe.
Barb

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Raincatcher so very true and eliquently put. Those are words to remember.

Antagonizing is how bullying begins and arrogance is bred from ignorance. Quote from Raincathcer

Last edited:
C

chris61182

I very much doubt Zen was surprised that someone was upset over there, granted getting that upset over a "woot!" is an all time low :lol:.

Out of the nearly 22k members it's only a small portion who even post in the first place and they make no effort in hiding the fact they hate people who post the 'where' part of a successful fishing trip.

Now if you want a real eye opener, go into their archives, there are threads with people threatening grave bodily harm over posting when the fish are in at the hatcheries and how they're giving away their secret fishing hole by doing it.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors fish...

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors fish...

I very much doubt Zen was surprised that someone was upset over there, granted getting that upset over a "woot!" is an all time low :lol:.

Out of the nearly 22k members it's only a small portion who even post in the first place and they make no effort in hiding the fact they hate people who post the 'where' part of a successful fishing trip.

Now if you want a real eye opener, go into their archives, there are threads with people threatening grave bodily harm over posting when the fish are in at the hatcheries and how they're giving away their secret fishing hole by doing it.

That is just so sad to me. Why not enjoy and let others enjoy as well? Too bad they don't think about the negative impact that attitude has on the very sport they covet so much. If there are more fisher folk enjoying the sport instead of being frustrated,isn't there more of a chance of finding a voice in the masses to speak up for the rest? Maybe we need to nominate Zen for the commission spot that is opening up. All those in favor?
Barb

C

cchinook

secrets

secrets

In retaliation against anglers who think that their spots are super secret , here is a hot spring nook tip : Long after the boats are off the Willy and the Columbia because the run is " over " I am still bringing home bright nooks all the way into Aug. on the Clack. at McIver Park , at the dam and just below it.
Bobber and shrimp cocktail and spinners when the water heats up in July . I have landed a lot of fish there over the years. Why do I tell ? Because no one lives forever and I would like to know that someone else is having a good fish day in " my " old spot long after I am gone.

D

Dichrofisher

So hide your secrets and threaten to be, a fisher of power, this I wish not to be. For we all shall know the why, the who, the what, the real trick my fellow fishers of knowledge is to actually get off our butt!

Last edited:
G

GraphiteZen

*UPDATE*

He replied!

Obviously your attitute sucks, you stupid ignorant ***** that has all figured out, good luck w/ that attitude, Punk.

HAHAHA!!! Oh man good times! Now THAT is funny!

Perhaps I played it up a little much in my post and made it seem I was a little more shocked than I really was. Maybe I need to grow up a bit but I find the ridiculousness of encounters like this extremely entertaining.

Raincatcher nailed it. People just have a good time out there!!

F

FishFinger

IB*tch

A fishing forum which mission is to suppress advantageous information about fishing... That's rich.

S

SoylentGreen

pretty funny. I always put the "where". I had a very similar experience recently over those sturgeon pics.

G

GraphiteZen

I'll add that it's not setting the greatest example me being moderator and all, an I'm cringing at the bits of swearing... I just am really annoyed by people like that, and felt it's a good example of how NOT to be to fellow fisherfolk and citizens.

If you don't want to share info, fine. But if you get in my face for doing what is my right as a sportsman and patriot your gonna someone in back in your face and right quick at that. :cool:

F

fishkiller

Utterly disgusting!! People like that simply drive me nuts. The river is public property. Recently while fishing the Suislaw my friend Steve and I, we almost were attacked by a "yocal" who thought we hooked his fish in his hole. I go to fish to enjoy the scenery, not to be cussed out by bubba with no teeth. If ODFW would only would only put more fish in the river we wouldn't have to go hand to hand combat just to fill our tags. It makes me want to register wist Ifish and give out fake fishing reports!! That's why happy to be a member here, we try to give out pertenent info to help our fellow fishers out. It's us against the fish not the other way around.:D

M

Mike123

This is why I canceled my account on Ifish. I know EXACTLY who sent you this PM... Well almost positive. ;)

But... Ifish really a part in rivers being crowded after a "hot post" is made.
You got soooo many members and sooo many lurkers. :doh:

Top Bottom