Anything?

M

mikeredding

Has anyone been to Dexter? Catch anything? I am going to head out there in the morning and try for some Bass and Crappie.:dance:

B

bd2cool

Good luck to you Mike,
I am hoping to have my Tri-Hull out on Sunday.

J

justfishin

give up

give up

i have given up on dexter for the last 2 month. what is going on with the 10k plus fish thats been put it there. we fish at the coverd bridge and killed them late last year. don't know the lake that well. any info? me and my boy have since been going to jc pond and doing ok all small ones. might hit alton baker this week. never did any good there before

M

mikeredding

Had a good day of fishin but not much catching.:) I caught one small hatchery trout within the first 10 minutes and then we got 2 squawfish later in the day. Had 5 hits on worms under the bridge, missed them all.:( A couple others trolling, missed those too. Lots of fish on the sonar but just couldn't seem to hookup.:rolleyes:

J

justfishin

thanks for the info. might give it a try again.
when do they have drag boat races? seen it when i was a little kid. it was fun

B

bobbn

Dexter Lake

Dexter Lake

Hi: A friend and I fished Dexter on Sat. for four hours, 8-12. There were lots of fish on the finder but not many hook ups. I caught two hatchery about 8" using flashers and a red wedding ring tipped with worm. We trolled along the hwy east to the dam. We then still fished by the island for 30 minutes without a bite. We trolled back on the Lowell side and caught the fish by the docks in front of the green apartments. I wonder where all the fish go that ODF&W stocks in that lake.

G

GREADYEAGLE

Fish management in dexter

Fish management in dexter

The question of 'what happens to planted trout in Dexter?'--check out what a squawfish eats and then check out how many squawfish are in Dexter--we need a bounty on those squawfish like Washington State!!!!

M

mikeredding

The question of 'what happens to planted trout in Dexter?'--check out what a squawfish eats and then check out how many squawfish are in Dexter--we need a bounty on those squawfish like Washington State!!!!

I agree that the squaws are a problem but don't hardly think that they are eating 8-10" trout.

Troutski

Troutski

U of O dock...

U of O dock...

i have given up on dexter for the last 2 month. what is going on with the 10k plus fish thats been put it there. we fish at the coverd bridge and killed them late last year. don't know the lake that well. any info? me and my boy have since been going to jc pond and doing ok all small ones. might hit alton baker this week. never did any good there before

Have you tried the U of O crew dock near the Dam on the north shore line, lures and bait use to work there quite well. I must admit I don't fish Dexter any longer, but when I did we seemed to do best in the morning while there was still a shadow on the water. Powerbait, worm floated by a mellow was our go to bait on that lake.
As far as the question on where the hatchery fish go...Keep your eyes on the Osprey, natures fish finders. They are eating very well, along with the Pike minnows...and some just can't survive in the wild. I know I wouldn't last very long without some sort of fast food restaurant feeding my habits;) sure hope my doctor isn't a member. Not suppose to partake in the fun food.
Tight lines and take your camera...

Chuck

T

Thuggin4Life

I haven't been up there in about a month but we always managed to put a few fish in the boat. The squaws love my half gold half silver ford fender with a worm. Guys who weren't catching anything but marking fish on the sonar seemed frustraded when we would compare catches in passing. I think a fishfinder sometimes distracts the fisher. Keep trying. As for later in the year the stock it again so maybe that's why the luck then. I made a few post's of my trips up there this year in this section.

J

justfishin

thanks for the info, i'll give that a try. i've seen people fish there once and a while. me and the kid hit alton baker thursday and got about 15-20, released every one that didn't swollow the hook. the boy had a good time. sure is hard to get him to leave when the fish are bitting:

J

justfishin

drags

drags

Thanks Mike was a good time. we got sun burnt. spent $11 on food. over all it was good and thanks for the info!!!!!!!!

B

bd2cool

1-15

Me and a buddy hit Dexter today-sunburn and squaw fish.
Good fun but no trout today.