Anything up near Camp Wilkerson?

S
Spydeyrch
Hey guys, new to the forum.

I am going to be heading up to Camp Wilkerson up towards Vernonia. There are some streams and small rivers up there and the Columbia County Park's rules and regulations state that fishing is allowed in all Columbia County Parks, as long as State Regulations permit it too.

So I was thinking, has anyone been fishing up there and had any luck? Where are some good fishing holes? What kind of fish would be up there? I am thinking that probably brookies, rainbows, etc. Is it even legal, according to state regs, to fish up in that area?

Thanks in advance!

-Spydey :yay:
Thanks for

B
beaverfan
Basically you need to take a copy of the regs with you and look up each individual stream. Some will be open and others will be closed. You'll find some Cutthroat and maybe a few Rainbows left over from old stockings. Most if not all the streams up there will be fly's and lures only so leave the bait at home. Small brass or copper spinners early in the morning before the sun hits the water or in the evening after the sun starts going down will be the best.

S
Spydeyrch
Thanks a ton for the response. I have checked the regs and everything up there is open. The nehelam is pretty close by and so I might hit that too. Thanks again for the info!

-Spydey

B
beaverfan
Yup, hope you have a great trip!

S
Spydeyrch
so I stopped by vernonia pond/lake and caught a little blue gill. Nothing really biting. There were a few people out there but nobody was catching anything. We also ran up stream a little ways up the Nehalem. There were some trout jumping a little but no bites. The water was pretty low plus we didn't have a lot of time, like 2 hours max. Oh well, I will try again later perhaps. Thanks again for the info. :)

-Spydey