Anything in the Wilson right now?

H
Herefishyfishy
I've got a meeting in Tillamook in the morning and thought it would be a great opportunity for some herefishyfishy! Is there anything going on in the Wilson right now?

B
beaverfan
Ya there's fish in there 12 months a year. Decent shot at a winter Steelhead up high or summer Steelhead down lower. There's probably a few early Springers in there too!

H
Herefishyfishy
Good to know! Eggs on a float for all 3?

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds good to me.

B
beaverfan
Herefishyfishy said:
Good to know! Eggs on a float for all 3?

Ya the eggs should work good, I would try casting some spinners if you fish the lower river.

H
Herefishyfishy
Thanks guys!

T
Thuggin4Life
If you get down by the bay let me know how many boats you see out trolling.

H
Herefishyfishy
Will do my friend!

H
Herefishyfishy
I almost had my first steelhead today!!!!! I got to the spot just downstream from Jones cr. about 6:30 this morning and started floating eggs and a shrimptail. Did this for about half an hour working my way across the river. Then I let my bobber bob around just in front of me where the rock shelf goes into the water, really I was just taking a break for a minute. I literally thought to myself; it just seems like there should be fish next to ledge but I've been here 50 times before and there never is, I swear 2 seconds after I finished the thought, bobber down! bobber right back up =( bobber down again! I set the hook and saw what looked like maybe a 4-6 lb steelhead (chromer!) rocket toward the middle of the river! It stopped for a second , I got about four cranks on him, he took off upriver and about 2 seconds later my bobber came flyin back at me empty!!! He got off, but what a rush!! Thats the closest I've got to a steelhead and it was awsome!

A
aka trouble
well i went 4 for 0 today on bimart yarnballs i think hooks are too small /..... any suggestions on how too get them to stay hooked on and stop spitting my hook by bank.... fyi wilson is hot fish everytwhere

A
aka trouble
today went to same hole i hooked and lost three yesterday ...and bout half hour into fishing it on whole maid yarn ball wham fish on ... three cranks and lost it again ...,. so the last two day five hooked zero to bank................

C
civicfun
only three good holes on the wilson right now other than that very slow jo

B
beaverfan
Why would there be only three good holes right now. The water level is good and there are fish all throughout the system. There's a TON of fish in there right now!

A
aka trouble
yah three holes wats that bout ive fished from deadline to mills and had plenty of takes by huge fish.....so three holes thats bs buddy!!! seriously im going friday anyone want to join im leaving forestgrove at five... also ive seen seven or eight at one time stacked so dont know wat ur talking bout!

C
civicfun
well lets see a fish posted then maybe its beliveble.

A
aka trouble
k well im sure it will b soon cuz i got better hooks now ... i mean its sad when u get to c them and they throw the hook so well c... im hitting at 6 am ....

J
jdog
ill meet you down there. were are you going to be.

J
jdog
i fish the wilson a lot and there are tons of really good holes you just have to explore it.

A
aka trouble
somewhere near the top i can't go in the am boss said work to do........probly b there by 2pm otherwise gona go early saturday morning with the wife tho ... i drive a green blazer....or mooroon and silver chevy.... winters are still around and lower it summers.....

A
aka trouble
well fished lastnight at deadline hole and there was fresh fish blood hope it wasn't a native... also had a huge strike at 28... then he jumped up the rapids right by my feet.... going again tomorow morning.....