Anyone up for another float?

A

adambomb

The fishing is HOT!!! I fished the mile or so below the old RR bridges today and caught about a dozen cutthroat including this fat 14"er. I also caught several nice small mouth, and a handful of healthy pike minnow. All fish were caught on the jointed Rapala in the pic. nicecut.jpg

R

ryan808

Growbug, is it time to take another stab at the Molalla. Im good for the next two weeks, I sent the wife and kid to Hawaii. Hows this this Saturday sound?

G

Growbug

hmm.. yeah.. this Saturday? (meaning yesterday?)

Went for a fish with AdamBomb, there are definitely fish in there. We both pulled out some Cutt's and Pikeminnow and I even managed to get myself a Smallie Runt.

Water is low BUT there were 4 tooners on the water. We will just have to lift n drag a little more. (*I promise NOT to attach the wheel, OR spend most of the time fixing toon*)

This coming Saturday should be ok in my book... or.. i am available during the week if that sound better, there may be a few less people in the water on weekdays, but i wont guarantee it.

M

Markcanby

I went form Goods down to Knights with the wife an kids just for fun. There isn't a lot of water left in there thats for sure. I think we may have top go from Canby Pond down to the Willly. But yes I hope we can get something set up for next Sat.

D

Doc Crappie

The fishing is HOT!!! I fished the mile or so below the old RR bridges today and caught about a dozen cutthroat including this fat 14"er. I also caught several nice small mouth, and a handful of healthy pike minnow. All fish were caught on the jointed Rapala in the pic. nicecut.jpg

Nice and can I ask what was the color of the Rapala you had tied on

G

Growbug

if it was the same as he showed be, black with yellow side and white belly.. the same as i owe MarkCanby... (mark.. i still have it, and its safe and well fed)

Canby Pond down to the Willamette, slow cruise and lots of puddle fishing. Sounds PERFECT!
Yes, I agree that the water is down a lot. The toon flotilla that we giggled at whilst they attacked a log jam head on went from Wagonwheel down to the pond. They also said the the lowest water was where we saw them, which around a mile and half up from Goods Bridge.

A

adambomb

Nice and can I ask what was the color of the Rapala you had tied on

It was a "brown trout pattern" size J7. I tried a couple different colors in a smaller J5, but they seem to only swim right in slow current, and don't dive more than 18" or so.

G

Growbug

soooo.. for the peeps that are up for it, meet at Molalla River State Park boat ramp Sat Morning? Sunrise is at 5:40 am, I am thinking of giving it an hour? Meet 7:00?

G

Growbug

no idea how long the drift will take, but, it looks like there are loads of places to stock and fish, including what i have heard is a tremendous spot, just where the Pudding dumps into the Molalla.
Its going to be much easier getting the toons IN to the water at Canby Park instead of taking them out there, but, to make up for it, i have absolutely no idea how we are going to do at Molalla River Park. Any thoughts?

A

adambomb

no idea how long the drift will take, but, it looks like there are loads of places to stock and fish, including what i have heard is a tremendous spot, just where the Pudding dumps into the Molalla.
Its going to be much easier getting the toons IN to the water at Canby Park instead of taking them out there, but, to make up for it, i have absolutely no idea how we are going to do at Molalla River Park. Any thoughts?

Just use the boat ramp silly!!

R

ryan808

Are we still up for Saturday? Is it the Camby park at 7?

M

Markcanby

Mollala River State Park Ryan. Its just before you get to the ferry.

G

Growbug

copy 45.294863,-122.696058 (Molalla River State Park) into google, or, its right at the end of NW 40th ave, canby, OR... if anyone gets missed, we will be at Canby Park a little later for put in.

hmm..
if i miss that tiny take out ramp, there is always the ferry 1/4 mile downstream.

M

Markcanby

Ha ha you had me going there with NW 40th its Ivy all the way to the park entrance but you are right 40th for like 100yrds down there.
I thought Canby didn't go over 16th an I have lived here 11years.

G

Growbug

yup its ivy most of the way.. except for that little bit in the park. It shows up as NW 40th on google though...