Anyone still catching steelhead on the Siuslaw??

R
Reel Technician
I've been stalking this forum for a little over a year, finally decided to join. Lots of great info on here. I was just curious if anyone has been doing any good on the Slaw? I would love to catch a steelhead this year. I've fished my whole life but just recently started targeting bigger fish in rivers. Any input is greatly appriciated!

K
killigan
Hello and welcome to OFF,
I went fishing Thursday 18th, Monday 22nd, and Tuesday 23rd (today) on the Siuslaw and in those three days I only saw one fish hooked and landed, nothing else. I have made twelve trips this season and during those trips I have seen multiple fish being hooked and landed. I've been fortunate to get two fish this year, but it seems the bite is slowing down on the Slaw. The run appeared to started early this season with the heavy rains we had in late Fall. Not saying there are no fish to catch, just in fewer numbers. Last three trips I've not had a bobber down/strike/hit. Best of luck :thumb:

kind regards,
killigan

T
thundercleez
There are for sure fish in the river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hobster
hobster
There are fish, quite a few in the trap today. The fishing has been SLOW lately though. They don't seem to be biting, everyone i have talked to has said the same thing.Hasn't been a good day since the water just rose 2 ft. last weekend and dropped. Very strange. That doesn't mean it's not worth a shot, especially with the beautiful weather this week. Never know when it will pick up. Go wet a line!
By the way sorry i didn't fish with you today Brandon, lets do it next time. My buddy got 1 in the driftboat at about 4:00, only fish i saw touched today.

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
i hit Lake Creek for 3 hours and then up by the trap on Whittaker for 2 hours and i did hook a very nice one but didn't get to land it (user error):sad:

P
plumb2fish
Hooked two in 5.casts on bobber and jig my last trip above the forks but below stage coach rd bridge

K
killigan
hobster said:
There are fish, quite a few in the trap today. The fishing has been SLOW lately though. They don't seem to be biting, everyone i have talked to has said the same thing.Hasn't been a good day since the water just rose 2 ft. last weekend and dropped. Very strange. That doesn't mean it's not worth a shot, especially with the beautiful weather this week. Never know when it will pick up. Go wet a line!
By the way sorry i didn't fish with you today Brandon, lets do it next time. My buddy got 1 in the driftboat at about 4:00, only fish i saw touched today.

Sounds good Eric, glad someone caught a fish today. I'm sure I'll be be over at least 3 or 4 more times in hopes of getting a late arrival. That last 2ft jump we had should have brought in some more fish.

R
Reel Technician
Well it would be nice to give it a try while the weather is nice. Thanks for all the info everyone!:thumb: