Anyone know anything about old motorcycles?

T

tomriker

hey guys have a problem. going through my great grandpas old barn i came across an old honda motorcycle and after a little research it looks like it's a Dream D-Type. it's complete. minus the motor :mad: anyways i was wondering if anyone knew where i might be able to find parts possibly? i would like to get it running. it's a neat looking old bike. thanks Tom

C

capblack

e bay, and theres a mortorcycle wrecking yard in salem. i think its called mikes. you have to get it from there ebay store, but you can go to salem to pick it up. they may have what your looking for. Brian

C

cddunn

I hear old bikes get rusty and leak oil. But since that's not any help, also try web searches for honda dream, classic honda forums, etc.

M

michigan_transplant

I had a 72 CB 450. i thought that thing was old but you got a real oldie on your hands. e bay was always my best place for finding parts.

honestly it will probably take a lot of work to get it running. the theme with those old bikes is that you fix one thing and that shows you where something else is wrong. but it can be worth it. those old bikes have so much more character plus you get people turning there heads when you ride around on it. keep me updated id love to see how it goes or some pictures.

S

sherman

It's been a few years but there used to be a motorcycle wrecking/ parts yard down near Medford between eagle point & shady cove. That guy had quite a supply of motorcycle parts. Maybe some one from down that way will remember the name of the place.

T

tomriker

ha! i called the motorcycle wrecking yard down there in the medford area, and i told the guy what i had... and he tried to convince me that they didn't make my motorcycle until much later, so i told him that im looking at it right now and im pretty sure it's what i say it is... then he told me they didn't have anything that old and hung up

M

Markcanby

The Dream is about the first Honda they brought to the states. It is pretty easy to get parts for if you look in the right places. I would look for a classic motorcycle forum to join. They will be able to point you in the right direction for parts. You will be surprised how much repo is made for these old bikes. Can you figure out whats size it is? I believe they made a 350 an a 450.

H

Hawk

I think the Dream was in the 60's, maybe 1966 or so.

I had a 1966 Honda 90 trail bike I used to ride it all over in the boonies when campin' :lol::lol:

For 28 years i rode my 1967 BSA 650 Lightning. Have many great memories. I loved that bike.
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool:

Best of Luck finding parts Bro.

C

cchinook

B.S.A --- NOW YOUR TALKING !! --way to much fun - however , I spent more time fixing it then riding it - the same goes for British sports cars - M.G. , Triumph , Austin Healy , do not get me started !

H

Hawk

B.S.A --- NOW YOUR TALKING !! --way to much fun - however , I spent more time fixing it then riding it - the same goes for British sports cars - M.G. , Triumph , Austin Healy , do not get me started !

I never had hardly any problems with the BSA.

I did have problems with my first wifes MGB convertible,

"Lucas invented Darkness".

hahahaha
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:cool:

T

tomriker

Well they dream was the first motorcycle Honda made, from1949- the late 50s you could only get them in japan. They didn't start importing them to the USA until 60 I believe. Mine is a Honda dream type e from 1952 so it's a little hard to find parts :) but I have acouple contacts in japan looking fr what I need :)

Top Bottom