Anyone know any good indoor fishing spots?

X
xltom
No seriously, if your out fishing in the rain this week, take a minute to describe your rain gear or strategy for staying dry and warm while still getting your fishing fix....

B
beaverfan
My rain gear is orange, and plastic and keeps me plenty dry.

X
xltom
I just bought some bright yellow pants for $44 bucks at a carhart type store. I hope the fish are blind..he he. I was wet my last2 times out. Boots leaking was the biggest problem. And the puddle in the boat...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
By now you should all know I am a thrift store junky. I nearly fainted last year when I found a darn near new Outback full length coat at a Goodwill store. It cost me $9.99!! I love that thing! Of course I had to go buy a matching hat. I just try not to pass a mirror before I leave the house. It keeps me warm and dry,but makes me look like I should be on post office walls.

L
lizardman
If it is raining here I will either put on my waders and an old field jacket (millitary issue) with a ball cap. Of course under the waders are the polly pro socks and undies with wool socks over the polly pros (stay toasty, but hands get cold). Or I fish under the Umatilla bridge and stay nice and dry.

Dave

X
xltom
Hmm, under a bridge...that's a great idea!! I'm surprised nobody has posted "I fish from the couch of my houseboat ect....

J
joesnuffy
Chest Waders and a Rain jacket are great for staying dry.

You could always play "Go-Fish" with the family.

S
Shadelady
Raincatcher- i found an outback also- mine was at a yard sale- think i paid $10 also- might have been 15. we also each have a pair of Columbia rain pants that feel like rubber / plastic, but they stretch- got those on clearance. my feet still need help tho my better half got a pair of Muck boots when GI Joes was going under- i regret not getting a pair also.

A
autofisher
When I remember to bring them, I use my waders. Merino wool socks underneath to stay warm, long johns, and up top I layer up pretty good. I recommend an UnderArmor brand long sleave shirt with a t-shirt over it, tucked in. Then I have a hoodie with a rainjacket and a ball cap. If you don't have the waders, they have neoprene socks that you can get. Merrill boots makes a good water proof hiking boot. And if it's still too bad, find a bridge to hide under or pull up as close as I can to the lake with the car and fish from the window:lol: (I'm just kidding about that one, but I have done it before. Elbow lake outside of Reedsport)

X
xltom
That's funny autofisher, my leaky boots are merrils(10 years old). only waterproof to the third eyelet. When I'm in the boat my feet are lying on their sides(almost sitting indian style). I'm 6'4" tall. That's why I spent so much on rain pants. Rubber ones in my size weighed like 20 lbs. I'd hate to go over board in those.....boots too.....

A
autofisher
I'm 6'3 and most of that is arms and legs, I can completely understand the indian styl sitting. I'll stand behind the neoprene and boots to keep me dry. But I have gone through some pretty interesting attempts to stay dry(garbage bags, plastic wrap, etc) I don't recommend any of those.

T
Thuggin4Life
You could just try fishing the tanks at walmart.

X
xltom
I tried that already thuggin". Was really tough getting the boat in there. Some little korean lady chased me out with a broom.....

H
Hawk
For some of my young adult relatives i bought slightly used...5 Columbia outerwear camo jackets with hoods, plus 2 (down feather) liners fer $100 total from ifish General classifieds.

T
The Nothing
Fishing from a kayak like I do (and bank any other time) I'm always exposed to the weather, whatever it might be. A pair of waders and a Kokatat dry top renders me pretty much water proof.