Anyone Have Info on Deep Six Drift Boats?

B
BobbiDollPDX
I'm looking at a drift boat but can't find any real info on the Manufacturer. I guess they were in Estacada but went out of business in 1990.

Has anyone heard of them or have any good intel on the boats?

Thanks in advance.

H
Hawk
I've never heard of those Bobbi. Seems to me Deep Six is a strange name fer a drift boat. Sounds like they expect it to sink.
:shock:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

B
BobbiDollPDX
Hawk said:
I've never heard of those Bobbi. Seems to me Deep Six is a strange name fer a drift boat. Sounds like they expect it to sink.
:shock:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey don't jinx it! LOL

J
JeannaJigs
Never heard of them....ever.

definitely a strange name for a boat company lol

B
BobbiDollPDX
The name could be why they went out of business. I was totally on board for an Alumaweld but some people apparently don't know how to delete their ads after stuff sells. Grrrrr.

I suppose I don't have to buy anything this week but it would have been fun for the long weekend.

J
JeannaJigs
yeah, that's where I'm at with car shopping!! damn people don't like to respond, you call someone about something and they're all perplexed about why someone is calling, oh right, there's an ad posted... d'oh!

I want to get a new boat...but...after rowing glass, and rowing an alumaweld, nope, never going back to aluminum! Good luck with finding a boat though.

B
BobbiDollPDX
I totally feel you on the glass. I guess I'm just impatient and want a dang boat. I suppose I should chill out and bide my time. <sigh>

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
never heared of them there fellas . aluminum is cold in the winter , and will fry eggs in the summer . glass is so easy to fix it is not even a issue . seen a couple glass boats on c-list for under 1000 , old ones when they thought a 48 inch bottom was the shizzle . go glass , you can't go wrong , and you can even get a 58 inch bottom for just over a 1000 if you are patient . wait for it and it will come to you . you want to make sure the trailer is in good shape . a few boats sit on trailers i wouldnt pull out of the drive way . AND no matter what the seller says : REPLACE THE WHEEL BEARINGS . a spun wheel bearing will make you take up knitting . good luck and if you need help looking at a float just ask .

Last edited:
B
BobbiDollPDX
I already knit :D

I went a completely different way and bought a 10' pontoon but I've got to build a utility trailer this weekend so I can pull it behind my car.

C
capblack
that 10 ft toon will be cool until you get a drifter. there is some cool mini drifters on cl. good luck, Brian

H
Hawk
BobbiDollPDX said:
I already knit :D

I went a completely different way and bought a 10' pontoon but I've got to build a utility trailer this weekend so I can pull it behind my car.

Craigslist has used UTrailers all different sizes. I bought one 6'X12' with a ladder rack up above fer $400.
:D

B
BobbiDollPDX
Hawk said:
Craigslist has used UTrailers all different sizes. I bought one 6'X12' with a ladder rack up above fer $400.
:D

I got a kit for a 4x8 trailer at Bi Mart on sale for $199. Its sitting in the garage in boxes waiting for me to get to work.