Anyone going to the Winter Steelhead Class at FMO next weekend?

M
masmith
Has anyone been to one of these before, or plan on attending this clinic?

I am wanting to go but wanted to see what you guys think of these free clinics. Are they worthwhile? Will the information be transferrable to coastal streams or will it be more specific to the Sandy/Clack.

Fisherman's Marine and Outdoor | Seminars

Thanks!

B
beaverfan
I'm sure it would be a great clinic!

A
autofisher
As a beginning steelheader, I would advise for the clinics. They offer a lot of valuable information that will help you in almost any water. I say go for it.

M
masmith
Cool, I think I will go.

S
ShdwmnkyX
It sounds like a blast.

G
gordo
I went to one a year or two ago at the same spot. It was pretty good, since I'm still quite the beginner. The one I went to, the guy went over different gear he likes to use for different conditions and such. Some of it is basic info, but for a guy like me, it turned out to be really helpful. Don't expect to get the "answers" to catching steelhead left and right, but do expect to learn some techniques that are proven, and some other good advice.
You can also ask questions at the end, so you can ask some specifics that you think might help you..

Yes, all-in-all, I found it really helpful and worth my time!!

D
DirectDrive
Yep, you can harvest some good info at these.
There is also another one coming up shortly in Troutdale at Glen Otto park hosted by the NW Steelheaders Sandy River chapter .
Contact Jack's Snack and Tackle in Troutdale for date/time.

S
skunk
I'll try and make it, hope to meet and greet and get some info.

G
GDBrown
I'm still using info I got from a 4 week class on steelheading from McQ that I took 22 years ago. I still go back to his egg loop knot diagram if I forget. Which happens if I go two or three years without tying it.

Go and take notes.... Have fun

GD