Anyone fished Junction City Pond lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W
whammond
I want to get my girlfriend into some fish pretty soon. And I'm a little broke so I dont think I'll be doing any driving to any of the rivers any time soon. A friend of mine told me I could get her some fish out of the pond. Any ideas or advice? Thanks.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Drive by that thing every day on the way to work... some commando's fish that thing... guys waiting in the dark for first light... not uncommon for me to see 20 rigs there. Pretty serious about there pellet heads.

Looks like its been stocked several times already this year.

troutdude
troutdude
Drove past this afternoon (late). Saw maybe 8 - 10 peeps fishing. Beautiful day to be out fo' sho'!

T
TTFishon
I recommend taking her to Alton Baker. It's a much nicer place to fish.

troutdude
troutdude
TTFishon said:
I recommend taking her to Alton Baker. It's a much nicer place to fish.

Yes, MUCH better idea! And AB Canal has also been recently stocked.

J
JeannaJigs
Lol And that's on weekdays! That place is intense and I have no idea why other than there must be something special in the well water in JC. It used to be stocked with nasty leftover steelhead out of the siuslaw, and oh boy, those were a coveted prize to catch on the bait of power.

Id definitely fish the alton baker pond. Not the canal, but the actual pond back behind autzen and the ghetto little bmx track. You have to walk or ride a bike in but that south bank always treated me well when I was a kid

K
Kevinb5688
Ab canal for sure.jc pond is a nasty, dirty joke.

T
the_intimidator03
I am thinking of hitting either JC pond or perhaps AB if anyone has input on clarity. When I went past it wednesday it looked backed up from the willy

troutdude
troutdude
JeannaJigs said:
Id definitely fish the alton baker pond. Not the canal, but the actual pond back behind autzen and the ghetto little bmx track. You have to walk or ride a bike in but that south bank always treated me well when I was a kid

Its called the Radio Tower Pond, for a rather large and obvious reason. LOL

You can actually park pretty close to that pond, if you mapquest the road layout before you go. From there its maybe 100 yards to that south shore line.

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
Lol And that's on weekdays! That place is intense and I have no idea why other than there must be something special in the well water in JC. It used to be stocked with nasty leftover steelhead out of the siuslaw, and oh boy, those were a coveted prize to catch on the bait of power.

I've done really well in the canal tossing thomas spoons, but yeah that back pond is good too.

L
lilsalmon
I caught a bike chain at JCP quite a while ago.....it is still in my garage cuz I wasn't sure how it would taste on the BBQ....hehe

B
bran_man
Jcp is nasty and always a zoo especially near stocking. Don't even bother. And alton baker canal (abc) is good, but only on the day they stock it (which is also busy, but not as bad) . Depending on weather, maybe the next day or two after a stocking day abc will still have pelletheads in there. Other than that, the fishing there is really slow. And what others have already said, the pond in the back can be good. Any of these places though I pretty much throw little spinners. I can't stand plunking for power bait, but if that is you're route, generally chartreuse, rainbow and that yellow corn type one always seem to do the best at both locations....

T
the_intimidator03
well I did hit several places today. JCP which was slow, didn't see any fish caught and 1 on a stringer. I was there for about an hour or so. Water clarity was ok.
I also hit Alton Baker Canal a little bit and it was a bit dirty with 12-16 inches visibility. No takers there but I didn't try for long.
The last place I went to was Cottage Grove pond on the way to Dorena Reservoir. It was quite busy but after about 2 hours and a dozen or so fish, I decided it was time to continue south to Roseburg.
Mind you this was all flinging flies. In addition I will add that at Alton Baker Canal fishing can be decent up to about a week after it is stocked. The last "holding" area I usually fish is actually just before the little "dam" before it heads out into the willamette (which btw is high and pooey) What people have suggested as far as power bait colors etc is pretty accurate for ABC and JCP. for Cottage Grove pond I would recommened either powereggs or red salmon eggs, either of those fished under a bobber at about 4-6ft depth

F
fisherman97
hey guys i am new to this site and i dont know how to start a new thread can anyone help me???

troutdude
troutdude
It's pretty easy.

Start on the home page.

Scroll down, to the category that you want to start your thread under; and click on that category header.

Click on the "post new thread" button, near the top of the page.

Type out your thread's title; and then type your message.

Click on the "submit new thread" button; and you're done.

F
fisherman97
thanks i am still getting the hang of it

thanks i am still getting the hang of it

troutdude said:
It's pretty easy.

Start on the home page.

Scroll down, to the category that you want to start your thread under; and click on that category header.

Click on the "post new thread" button, near the top of the page.

Type out your thread's title; and then type your message.

Click on the "submit new thread" button; and you're done.

thanks ffor the help i am still gettint the hang of it

troutdude
troutdude
You're welcome.

It won't take long. This is a pretty easy site to navigate.

F
fisherman97
yeah i figured it out now thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.