Anyone fished at Willsonville pond?

TheCrazyFarmer

Hey there!

I hear there's a decent chance of catching stocked channels in Willsonville pond, anyone had any success there?

Thanks, Johnny.

bass

I fished there once for bass a long time ago. I don't have any knowledge of channels in there. I would recommend calling the ODFW and asking them. They can confirm or deny that they are there and they can tell you if any other places have them. I thought I remembered reading that some of the St. Louis ponds have channel cats in them but finding out for sure from the ODFW would be best.

jacknrubin

I fished there once, its so choked up with grass you need to have specific gear to fish it (Heavy Braid, Heavy power rod, 1oz+ pegged weight, heavy flipping hook. I wasnt prepared for it and I dont usually fish like that so I had no luck.

TheCrazyFarmer

I fished there once, its so choked up with grass you need to have specific gear to fish it (Heavy Braid, Heavy power rod, 1oz+ pegged weight, heavy flipping hook. I wasnt prepared for it and I dont usually fish like that so I had no luck.
Thanks, good to know!

I was gonna use a bottom rig with a three way swivel, and I believe I have two ounce sinkers.

I have fished in a pretty weedy pond with this rig before, and I don't normally have issues.

jacknrubin

Thanks, good to know!

I was gonna use a bottom rig with a three way swivel, and I believe I have two ounce sinkers.

I have fished in a pretty weedy pond with this rig before, and I don't normally have issues.
That may work...any exposed hooks will get hung up in the grass.

Please post a follow-up, I am curious about your results.