Anyone fish St. Louis Ponds lately?

A
Anyfishisfine
haven't heard anything from here lately. I was thinking of seeing if the bass are biting there. Has anyone been there recently?

N
NEO
Is this a good handicap area?

Is this a good handicap area?

I am a activity director for mentaly challenged individuals and have had allot of trouble finding flat handicap accesable places to take a small group of anglers. This looks like a good spot. They just want to fish even if we don't catch anything. All though after being skunked for 5 outings in a row a fish would be incredibly cool to catch.:think:

O
osmosis
That's very cool man, I really hope you can get those guys into fish!! I can't help answer your question but I really respect what you are doing.

B
Bass Ackwards
NEO said:
I am a activity director for mentaly challenged individuals and have had allot of trouble finding flat handicap accesable places to take a small group of anglers. This looks like a good spot. They just want to fish even if we don't catch anything. All though after being skunked for 5 outings in a row a fish would be incredibly cool to catch.:think:

I've been to the ponds a few times and I think it is very accesable. And Im sure they will even be able to catch a some blue gill. There is even a handicap dock. Most of the terrain around the ponds is pretty flat feilds easy enough to take a wheelchair on. Holler at me if you have any questions.

B
beaverfan
I'm heading down there right now. have report when i get back.

B
beaverfan
Ha ha ha that was so worthless! Totally weeded over. Ended up at some park in Willsonville. Got a 2 inch smallie barely bigger than my hook. What a boring morning.

A
Anyfishisfine
beaverfan said:
Ha ha ha that was so worthless! Totally weeded over. Ended up at some park in Willsonville. Got a 2 inch smallie barely bigger than my hook. What a boring morning.

Sucks and good to know. The OFF hole was a wash too, but an awesome place to know about.

N
NEO
:clap: Thank you for your help. We tryed it out and it was perfect for my clients, close bathrooms, places to set, and flat!! We fished ponds 1 an 3 with worms and power bait,and again were skunked, Although one of the guys caught a frog that swallowed his bobber, the little bugger wouldn't let go. Any suggestions on improving our luck this next time.:pray:

S
Smokey McFisher
a couple friends and i went out there other day, kinda low water levels but there were a lot of people there anyway. after about 2 hrs all we got was a 8 in. bass. got it on a night crawler.