Anyone fish for bass yet

B
Bassdad54
Last time our bass club fished there couple year ago big fish was over 6lbs.I think a club out of Eugene had one over 9lb last year.Anyone been there yet this year??

B
BassinFever
The main ramp and campground does not open until Memorial day! There is a very "Unimproved" ramp at a private campground that is at the other end. New owners so I do not know if they will even let you launch!

It's a great lake but the water skiers and jet fleas will drive you nuts after about 9AM.

F
FarmerBass
It's a great lake but the water skiers and jet fleas will drive you nuts after about 9AM.

I second that. Went on Labor day about three years ago. NEVER Again Got to get up early so you can get some good fishing in.

Larry

B
Bassdad54
Hey BassinFever

Hey BassinFever

The last time our club held a tourney there the resort allowed to use the ramp for fee and park accross the street unless you are camped in the RV/campground

B
BassinFever
You mean that you were actually able to launch a regular Bass Boat at that ramp??? Last time I looked at it I didn't think it was posable! It's very shallow and just a gravel mud ramp!!!

B
Bassdad54
Are we talking about the same ramp?

Are we talking about the same ramp?

The ramp that we used was a concrete ramp and not a gravel one.We had to stop at the resort/store and the ramp was where they rv camp down the road from the resort/store.It was a gravel road around the rv camp area and the small ramp area was a concrete slab going into lake with only room for 1 boat at time and we launched 16 ft boats to 20ft bassboats without any problems

F
FarmerBass
They must have changed it. It was a sand bar and had to get your tow vehicle wet just to launch. Its cool that their upgrading some things there. One thing for sure. its one dirty lake. Had stains around the boat just after three days.

Larry

B
BassinFever
FarmerBass said:
They must have changed it. It was a sand bar and had to get your tow vehicle wet just to launch. Its cool that their upgrading some things there. One thing for sure. its one dirty lake. Had stains around the boat just after three days.

Larry

Yes, they must have changed it! I was just there though and it was still the same old dirt ramp as far as i could see! Maybe they put in a new one in another area than the old one and I overlooked it! That would be great!

Looking down the RV area towards the lake, the old ramp is on the far left!

R
rippin fish lips
yes loon lake is a dirty lake, there is no damn.. it was made from a landslide way back then, dont remember when exactly. The family does a annual trip there every year to camp for atleast a week on the east shore where the dock is.there is good trout and koke fishing there if u can find them! bass are big and will even hit on thomas spoons, ive had them hit on blue fox spinners too! We are heading out there in 3 days, MONDAY we will be on the road there, camping till thursday, coming back in town to rest up for my guided salmon trip on the ocean! loon lake is a fun lake for water skien and tubin and jet skien! water is so warm! i plan on doing a lot of fishing while im there, ill update u guys on how i do!

T
TTFishon
rippin fish lips said:
yes loon lake is a dirty lake, there is no damn.. it was made from a landslide way back then, dont remember when exactly. The family does a annual trip there every year to camp for atleast a week on the east shore where the dock is.there is good trout and koke fishing there if u can find them! bass are big and will even hit on thomas spoons, ive had them hit on blue fox spinners too! We are heading out there in 3 days, MONDAY we will be on the road there, camping till thursday, coming back in town to rest up for my guided salmon trip on the ocean! loon lake is a fun lake for water skien and tubin and jet skien! water is so warm! i plan on doing a lot of fishing while im there, ill update u guys on how i do!

Right on! Lookin forward to your report. I'll never go there since dogs aren't allowed!

R
redneckguy77
i caught one off the rock wall across from the sand beach with a rapala countdown #7 rainbow colored but that was all i caught that weekend.

R
rippin fish lips
Well just got back from a week long camping trip on the East shore of Loon lake. Did a lot of fishing and a lot of playing around in the boat, wakeboarding ect. Was fishing with worms, jigging them on the bottom. caught an insane amount of bluegill!! aka: "worm theifs!" lol. hooked on to a few crappe as well. caught a bunch of white fish, or chub. couple trout, trout fishing is slow right now on the lake. Bass are hot!!! hooked into some nice bass about in the 2-5lb range. saw some guy with a 5lber and an 7-9 lber too! fish the logs, trees, stumps, docks, rock faces (drop offs), and be ready to catch bluegill every single spot you go to in that lake! there fun...and they keep getting bigger every year.. hooked on to 1 bluegill that was the size of a cd disk case! thought it was a good bass until it surfaced! Was a good week out on the lake! water is warm!