Anyone fish AltonBaker today???

U
UGLYSTICKER
i did, and 4 of my limit has unclipped adipose fins :shock:
if a stater checked my fish could i have gotten a ticket???:rolleyes:

T
TTFishon
Nope. That's my first response anyway. I'm pretty sure you were safe.

Last edited:
U
UGLYSTICKER
ok, i'm reading the special regs for alton baker....nevermind,lol

T
TTFishon
Just in case you care and didn't know. That area was a landfill in the 50's.

U
UGLYSTICKER
yep it was a dump and the canal looks like a dump too.

troutdude
troutdude
Adipose fin regs only apply to steelies in ABC.

T
TTFishon
UGLYSTICKER said:
yep it was a dump and the canal looks like a dump too.

Hmm. Apparently you haven't been to the same dump that I've been to. lol

U
UGLYSTICKER
yep i know that now. i just thought it peculiar that not all hatchery trout have their adiposes clipped.

U
UGLYSTICKER
TTFishon said:

oh i've fished some real dumps,LOL!!!, i actually used to fish the delta ponds in the 80's. in the summer when some of them got low WHEW!!!!

T
TTFishon
UGLYSTICKER said:
oh i've fished some real dumps,LOL!!!, i actually used to fish the delta ponds in the 80's. in the summer when some of them got low WHEW!!!!

lol. I remember when they used to stock planters in Delta then but they didn't stock AB and AB had carp and bass. Now it's the other way around.

U
UGLYSTICKER
TTFishon said:
lol. I remember when they used to stock planters in Delta then but they didn't stock AB and AB had carp and bass. Now it's the other way around.

yeah me too. i used catch small bass in the AB and lots of bullheads about 25 yrs ago.

F
Fisher.King
TTFishon said:

My dad told me about that. Same with that park on the Willamette near river road... I don't keep any fish out of Alton Baker if it's been more than a couple days after planting. All those ducks and those small ponds where the water stagnates. *shudder*

Good place for carp though, and to teach kids.

U
UGLYSTICKER
i stopped by AltonBaker yesterday the water was too high. it looked like it was getting flushed out,lol!, pretty sure it got restocked maybe today or tomorow.

F
Fisher.King
They usually stock on Thursdays rain or shine. If the canal is blown out they've skipped stocks before though.

F
Fisher.King
They still haven't stocked it this week, probably waiting until Saturday or Sunday because of the 4th. I went today anyway and hooked into a good 10 incher from a previous stocking. I don't normally keep them after that long in the canal but I haven't had trout in a couple weeks. He was practically screaming "EAT MEEEEE" :D

Recipe was created when I was on a trail crew in the Crater Lake area, just used what I had. There's no exact measurements still, that's why I think it tastes so good.

Flour, crumbled crackers (if you eat the skin), more pepper than salt, garlic powder (or garlic salt with no regular salt), sesame seeds (if you eat the skin). I put either a couple whole scored cloves of garlic -or- a little of the diced garlic from a jar inside the body cavity while it cooks, then remove it before eating. Fry it in oil until it's cooked, most of it should fall off while cooking.

Last edited:
U
UGLYSTICKER
Fisher.King said:
They still haven't stocked it this week, probably waiting until Saturday or Sunday because of the 4th. I went today anyway and hooked into a good 10 incher from a previous stocking. I don't normally keep them after that long in the canal but I haven't had trout in a couple weeks. He was practically screaming "EAT MEEEEE" :D

now that's my kind of recipe,lol

i checked out ABC on sat and did'nt even bait up. went up the Mac past Leaburg instead.
limited out in about 30 min. then did it again on sun.
they recently put 8,000+ in the Mac above Leaburg Dam and the fish seem to be prettier with more vigor than the ABC fish.

R
rippin fish lips
UGLYSTICKER said:
now that's my kind of recipe,lol

i checked out ABC on sat and did'nt even bait up. went up the Mac past Leaburg instead.
limited out in about 30 min. then did it again on sun.
they recently put 8,000+ in the Mac above Leaburg Dam and the fish seem to be prettier with more vigor than the ABC fish.

cuz its the mac!

troutdude
troutdude
UGLYSTICKER said:

It's the fresh mountain water that they're breathing in!

F
Fisher.King
I'd take an 8 incher from out there over a limit of 1 pounders from Alton Baker any day...

U
UGLYSTICKER
Fisher.King said:
I'd take an 8 incher from out there over a limit of 1 pounders from Alton Baker any day...

the ABC should be landscaped with some trout habitat to make it more interesting.