Anyone ever fish JoJo lake?

B
Big0g
I have been fishing out of JoJo lake for about 4 years now. I've only caught trout out of there. I am curious to know if it is a stocked location or if they are native to the water?
JoJo is about 10 miles east of Detroit. Just stay on highway 22 and you turn right on Bruno Mt Rd. It can be pretty tough to find if you haven't been before. Anyhow, just curious if anyone has fished it before and such.

Oh by the way, the 3 trout in my profil pic are from JoJo lake.

Thanks!

T
TJR_84
I fish it often i have heard that ODFW back packs fish in to stock the lake but i am not 100% sure. Be careful of the moss covered logs last time i was there i found a soft spot and fell through and it is COLD!!!

B
Big0g
Awesome, I never run into anyone up there. That's not so awesome that you fell in lol. I have a tendancy to get wet whenever I go fishin as well so I usually have a spare set of clothes in the car. So anyhow, have you ever caught anything besides trout out of there? I've been told there is catfish and some others in there but I haven't ran into those. I usually do some lure fishin and then powerbait or worms. What about you?

M
Metz84
Ive fished their a few times always caught cutthroat and none of them were hatchery fish.

troutdude
troutdude
According to "Complete Angler's Guide to Oregon" it IS stocked w/ Rainbows that can reach up to 18" (after growing more of course). There is no mention of any other trout specie, nor any other type of fish.

Your best bet, would be to call ODFW for more information.

M
Mattdm22
Considering the upper North Santiam is literally right next to the log pond maybe when the river is really high the fish are able to swim into the pond? I think there is a creek connecting the two as well but I could be wrong.