Anyone else see this today? (WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT)

I
Ideceivefish
IMG_7951.png

Not sure how it died, but it was fresh. Cougar?

B
beaverfan
dang aliens!

O
OnTheDrop
if it was a cougar the throat would most likely be mangled?

Do any good?

I
Ideceivefish
True, probably not a cougar.

No fish today. Skunked.

A
Anyfishisfine
Nature's dinner table right there. That will feed a lot of critters.

C
Cohosanders
Most likely vampires:mad:

T
Throbbit _Shane
awww poor bambi :D

O
OnTheDrop
Ideceivefish said:
True, probably not a cougar.

No fish today. Skunked.

Thats a shame. I was up there two days ago and hiked wayyyyyyy down from the hatchery and saw sooo many chromers just chillin:cool:

C
Cohosanders
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Thats a shame. I was up there two days ago and hiked wayyyyyyy down from the hatchery and saw sooo many chromers just chillin:cool:

You mean that crazy Rambo trail that is vertical and then cascades down alongside the creek? Did you go by the house? Did you kill any of those chromers or were they just chilling?

I
Ideceivefish
This deer was right in the middle of the trail.

Hmm, I have a full week of vacation soon. I will have to hit the canyon and hike around a bit.

T
TTFishon
Is there a road near by? Maybe it got hit by a car and made it's way to that point. It looks like some critters chewed on it a bit. If a cougar had killed it I think it would be up in a tree somewhere. If coyotes killed it then it would be all in pieces with very little left.

I
Ideceivefish
Not even close to a road. Maybe the local beaver felt like the deer was taking over his territory. :lol:

T
TTFishon
I wonder if it died from the mange that's going around?

Last edited:
I
Ideceivefish
TTFishon said:
I wonder if it died from the mange that's going around?

Very possible.

F
FishFiddle
Cougar kill by breaking the neck usually from over the top. Often not a lot of sigh on the neck unless you skin it out. Their first meal is to open the belly and eat the liver....just like this one! Be careful!! They usually will cover their kill somewhat and return later unless they are surprised or scared off early, which is what I would suspect here. I will guarantee this cat is not far away and if hungry they will defend a kill. As I say, I would have chills up the back of my neck and be very careful.

I
Ideceivefish
9m is cocked and loaded.

T
TTFishon
FishFiddle said:
Cougar kill by breaking the neck usually from over the top. Often not a lot of sigh on the neck unless you skin it out. Their first meal is to open the belly and eat the liver....just like this one! Be careful!! They usually will cover their kill somewhat and return later unless they are surprised or scared off early, which is what I would suspect here. I will guarantee this cat is not far away and if hungry they will defend a kill. As I say, I would have chills up the back of my neck and be very careful.

So it should come back tonight right?

C
Chrome_Chaser
Fishfiddle is correct, I've seen this often when bow hunting. That cougar was startled and took off. Be careful.

F
FishAssassin
Yes! My wife and I saw this today while we were picking up garbage at the creek. I was thinking cougar. Kind of scary!

O
OnTheDrop
Cohosanders said:
You mean that crazy Rambo trail that is vertical and then cascades down alongside the creek? Did you go by the house? Did you kill any of those chromers or were they just chilling?

Oh yeah... nah released them. didn't feel like packin fish out from that far down. Save that for a shorter walk. But in some holes i could see more than 10 fish at a time